Today: Sunny. Highs in the lower 70s. East winds 5 mph. Tonight: Clear. Lows in the upper 40s. East winds 5 mph shifting to the southwest after midnight.
Today’s document from the National Archives and the Astronomy Picture of the Day.
Today’s National Commemorations.
Today’s tides: at the beaches, at the Intracoastal Waterway.
Drought Index: 126
A.Word.A.Day from Wordsmith.org. Today’s word: shell-shocked.
The Live Community Calendar
Today’s jail bookings.
Today’s Briefing: Quick Links
- First Light
- In Flagler and Palm Coast
- Flagler Jail Bookings and Last 24 Hours of Incident Reports
- Flagler Beach A1A Construction Updates
- In State Government
- In Coming Days in Flagler, Palm Coast and Beyond
- Fact-Checking the Knaves
- Palm Coast Construction and Development
- Cultural Coda
Note: all government meetings noticed below are free and open to the public unless otherwise indicated. Many can be heard or seen live through each agency’s website.
Free Chronic Pain Self-Management Program: City of Flagler Beach Library, 315 S. 7th Street, Flagler Beach, 1:40 to 4 p.m. Techniques to cope with fatigue, frustration, isolation, and poor sleep. How to evaluate new treatments and communicate effectively. Appropriate use of medications and exercise. Pacing activity, rest, and healthy eating tips. Classes enhance, not replace existing programs and treatments. Registration: Sherri Cheshire, at Northeast Florida AHEC Phone: (877) 784-8486 Email: [email protected] Online: nefahec.eventbrite.com
Stetson Choral Union and Chamber Orchestra, First Baptist Church DeLand, 725 N. Woodland Blvd., DeLand. Sandra Peter, conductor: “Messiah” by Handel. Don’t miss this glorious performance of Handel’s “Messiah” with the Stetson Choral Union, the university’s largest choral ensemble with approximately 150 voices (student and community vocalists) and members of the Stetson Chamber Orchestra.First Baptist Church DeLand, 725 N. Woodland Blvd., DeLand. Admission: $10 adults, $5 youth and free for Stetson University students with an ID and ages 12 and under. Tickets are available at the door or at www.stetson.edu/music-tickets.
Blood Donations: The Big Red Bus will be at the following locations this week (schedule your donation by
going to the website and entering a Palm Coast zip code, then locating one of the venues below):
- Tuesday: Moe’s Southwest Grill, 250 Palm Coast Parkway (Island Walk), noon to 6 p.m.
- Wednesday: Walmart, 174 Cypress Point Parkway, Palm Coast, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Friday: Walmart, 174 Cypress Point Parkway, Palm Coast, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Saturday: Walmart, 174 Cypress Point Parkway, Palm Coast, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Sunday: St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Catholic Church, 4600 Belle Terre Parkway, Palm Coast, 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Jail Bookings and Last 24 Hours' Incidents in Flagler, Palm Coast, Flagler Beach, Bunnell
|Jail Bookings, June 19-22
Sheriff's night shift incident reports, June 21
Sheriff's day shift incident reports, June 21
Flagler Beach's night shift incident reports, June 21
Flagler Beach's day shift incident reports, June 21
Bunnell police's night shift incident reports, June 21
Bunnell police's day shift incident reports, June 21
FlaglerLive is providing weekly updates to year-long construction on and near State Road A1A in Flagler Beach as the Florida Department of Transportation rebuilds a 1.5-mile segment from South 9th Street to South 22nd Street, and builds a sea wall at the north end of town. These updates are provided through DOT or local officials. If you have any relevant information or images, you’re welcome to email them to the editor here.
Last Updated: Nov. 18
Segments 1 is complete.
Segment 2 (South 22nd Street to South 9th Street):
The work on the new median curbs and flumes is continuing and is approximately 80% complete. All sidewalks have been poured, and driveways are 75% complete. Work on the southbound roadway continues as the contractor has placed limerock base between 18th and 19th street, with paving for Segment 2 tentatively scheduled for later this month. The traffic separators are 90% complete.
Segment 3 (North 18th Street to Osprey Drive):
Wall construction is complete, and walkover construction will begin once Hurricane Season is over.
TRUMP HOLDS RALLY IN SOUTH FLORIDA: Dubbing it a “homecoming rally,” President Donald Trump will hold a campaign event in a Broward County arena. Trump recently announced he was changing his residency from New York to Florida, where he has long owned property in Palm Beach County. (Tuesday, 7 p.m., BB&T Center, 1 Panther Parkway, Sunrise.)
–Compiled by the News Service of Florida and FlaglerLive
The Live Calendar is Flagler County’s and Palm Coast’s most complete, detailed and searchable community calendar of events, including culture, the performing arts, theater, government, the courts and justice system and a lot more. If you’re not listed here, you’re not getting the visibility you deserve. To include your event, please fill out this form. Any other issues, email the editor.
Keep Up with Donald Trump’s attacks on the press through the ACLU’s running tab here.
Keep Up with mass shootings in a running database here.
Here’s a summary of the latest city developments as of Nov. 17, 2019:
Carl Philipp Emanuel Bach Württemberg Sonatas Sonata in B minor (Wq.49/6 – H.36)
And be sure to check out the latest performances at the Netherlands Bach Society.
- Wenzeslaus Thomas Matiegka: Sonata Op. 23, Elliot Simpson, guitar
- Carl Philipp Emanuel Bach – Symphony in C major, Wq 182, third movement
- Ana Vidovic plays ‘La Catedral’ by Agustín Barrios Mangoré
- Julliard School Concert: Couperin
- A Tribute to BB King on His 94th
- Antal Dorati: Five Pieces for oboe solo (1980)
- Louis Armstrong, Live in Berlin, 1965
- Mompou, from Musica Callada, Jean-François Heisser
- André Isoir in concert at Nimes, 2001
- Dussek’s Piano Sonata in F minor, Op. 77 “L’invocation”
- Hélène Grimaud, Beethoven’s Piano Concerto No. 5, Paavo Järvi and the Frankfort Symphony
- Hélène Grimaud Plays Busoni’s Transcription of Bach’s Chaconne in D minor BWV 1004
- Baldassare Galuppi’s Sonata Nr. 5 in C major, Vadim Chaimovich
- Corelli: Concerto in D Major Op. 6 No. 4, complete. Voices of Music; original instruments
- Ana Vidovic: “La Catedral,” by Agustín Barrios Mangoré
- J. S. Bach’s Organ Concerto After Johann Ernst, BWV 592
- Spohr String Quartet Op. 82. no. 2 First Movement: Allegro
- Willie Nelson’s 4th of July picnic 1974