FlaglerLive is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. To better inform you of our policy concerning user privacy, we have adopted the following terms. Please note that these terms are subject to change, and any such changes will be included on this page.
Information that FlaglerLive May Collect Online
FlaglerLive may collect and process the following data about you:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our site (such as when signing up for our article alerts, obituary forms, calendar forms), including name, email and zip code; we may also ask you for information for other purposes, for example when you report a problem with our site;
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- anonymous details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data. This non-personal information does not allow a third party to easily identify a specific individual and is used only for analytics analysis, which helps us know how many visitors visit the site, at what time of day, from what geographical regions, and so on.
Links to Other Web Sites
Our site may contain links to other websites that we think may be of interest to you. We have no control over these other sites or their content. You should be aware of when you leave our site for another, and you should remember that other sites are governed by their own user agreements and privacy policies, which you should be sure to read
Cookies and Related Technologies
Social media conversion pixels
We may use pixels from Twitter and Facebook on our website. With their help, we can track what users do after they see or click on a social media advertisement. This enables us to monitor the effectiveness of social media ads for purposes of statistics and market research. Data collected in this way is anonymous to us, which means we cannot see the personal data of individual users. However, this data is saved and processed by Facebook and Twitter. Both can connect this data with your account and use it for its own advertising purposes, in accordance with Policies which can be found at https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/ and https://twitter.com/en/privacy.
Disclosure of Your Information
FlaglerLive does not sell, trade or rent your personal information to third parties.
When you make a donation, whether during the year or during our year-end fund-drive, you may need to provide personal information, such as your credit card number and billing address. That information will be provided directly to our third party payment processor, and we will not have access to and will not store or maintain your credit card information on our servers.
FlaglerLive does not share, trade, sell, or otherwise release donors’ personal information to any third parties. This includes all donor information that is obtained both online and offline. Donors who contribute more than $5,000 will appear in our 990 filings with the IRS, as required by law, but otherwise, we do not disclose donor information without your explicit consent.
The same applies to payments for advertising: we do not and will not have access to and will not store or maintain your credit card information on our servers.
Your Consent and Rights
The servers we use are located in the United States. Our site and services are designed for and targeted to United States audiences and are governed in accordance with United States law. If you are located outside of the U.S., by sending us your data you consent to its transfer to and storage within the United States.
By using FlaglerLive, you consent to the collection and use, in accordance with this policy, of the information you provide to us.
Copyright in this site and the materials included in it, unless otherwise indicated, is owned by FlaglerLive.
We respect the intellectual property of others. If you believe that your work has been copied — by us or by any third party on our site — in a manner that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our copyright agent the written information specified below. Please note that this procedure is exclusively for notifying us that your copyrighted material has been infringed.
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed upon;
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on our site, including the URL of the page on which it appears;
- Your address, telephone number and e-mail address;
- A statement by you that you have a good-faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; and
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
ALTHOUGH WE TAKE REASONABLE STEPS TO PREVENT THE INTRODUCTION OF VIRUSES, WORMS, “TROJAN HORSES” OR OTHER DESTRUCTIVE MATERIALS TO OUR SITE, WE DO NOT GUARANTEE OR WARRANT THAT OUR SITE OR MATERIALS THAT MAY BE DOWNLOADED FROM OUR SITE ARE FREE FROM SUCH DESTRUCTIVE FEATURES. WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR HARM ATTRIBUTABLE TO SUCH FEATURES. WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, LOSS OR INJURY BASED ON ERRORS, OMISSIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, OR OTHER INACCURACIES IN OUR SITE, NOR FOR ANY CLAIM, LOSS, OR INJURY THAT RESULTS FROM YOUR USE OF THIS SITE OR YOUR BREACH OF ANY PROVISION OF THIS POLICY.
Last updated December 14, 2023.