Today: Cooler, sunny. Highs in the upper 50s. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Tonight: Clear. Lows around 40. North winds 5 to 10 mph. Details here.
Today’s document from the National Archives and the Astronomy Picture of the Day.
Today’s tides: at the beaches, at the Intracoastal Waterway.
Drought Index: 202
The OED’s Word of the day: raisonneur, n.
The Live Community Calendar
Today’s jail bookings.
Today’s Briefing: Quick Links
- First Light
- In Flagler and Palm Coast
- Flagler Jail Bookings and Last 24 Hours of Incident Reports
- In State Government
- In Coming Days in Flagler, Palm Coast and Beyond
- Fact-Checking the Knaves
- Palm Coast Construction and Development
- Local Road and Interstate Construction
- Cultural Coda
“I do not know what effect my accusers have had upon you, gentlemen, but for my own part I was almost carried away by them; their arguments were so convincing. On the other hand, scarcely a word of what they said was true.”
–From Plato’s “Apology of Socrates” (399 b.c.).
Note: all government meetings noticed below are free and open to the public unless otherwise indicated. Many can be heard or seen live through each agency’s website.
The Sheriff’s daily incident reports and jail bookings are posted here.
The Palm Coast Code Enforcement Board meets at 10 a.m. at City Hall in Town Center.
The Bunnell City Commission holds a daylong goal-setting retreat at Princess Place Preserve Legacy Cottage 2500 Princess Place Rd., Palm Coast, starting at 8 a.m.
The Flagler County Chamber of Commerce hosts a ribbon-cutting for the African American Entrepreneurs Association at 4883 Palm Coast Parkway at 5 p.m. The ribbon-cutting will be followed by a members appreciation day.
FPC Band and Chorus Holiday Winter Festival at the Flagler Auditorium, 5500 East Hwy 100, Palm Coast, 7 p.m.
The Old Kings Elementary School Advisory Council meets at 4 p.m. at the school’s media center. The PTO meets at 5 p.m.
Blood Donations: The Big Red Bus will be at the following locations this week (schedule your donation by going to the website and entering a Palm Coast zip code, then locating one of the venues below):
- Wednesday: Post Office, 2 Pine Cone Drive, Palm Coast, noon to 5 p.m.
- Thursday: Sandvik Kanthal Palm Coast, 1 Commerce Boulevard, Palm Coast, 11:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday: Aaron’s, 229 St. Joe’s Plaza, Palm Coast, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Sunday: Santa Maria del Mar Church, 915 North Central Avenue, Flagler Beach, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Jail Bookings and Last 24 Hours' Incidents in Flagler, Palm Coast, Flagler Beach, Bunnell
|Jail Bookings, June 19-22
Sheriff's night shift incident reports, June 21
Sheriff's day shift incident reports, June 21
Flagler Beach's night shift incident reports, June 21
Flagler Beach's day shift incident reports, June 21
Bunnell police's night shift incident reports, June 21
Bunnell police's day shift incident reports, June 21
Here are the winners of the 2018 Flagler Beach Holiday Parade hosted by Cindy Dalecki and Robert Snyder:
Best of Parade – Phun Coast Parrot Heads
1st Waste Not Want Not
3rd Turtle Patrol
Best Marching Unit
1st Imagine Spirit Team
2nd Cub scouts/Boy scouts
3rd Greater Daytona Beach Clemson Alumni and Fan Club
1st Studio Z Fitness
2nd MHS marching band
3rd Paks Karate
In Florida and in State Government:
Note: Some proceedings below can be followed live on the Florida Channel. Most legislative proceedings can be followed through the Senate or House websites.
CLEMENCY BOARD MEETS: Gov. Rick Scott and the Florida Cabinet, acting as the Executive Clemency Board, will meet. (Wednesday, 8 a.m., Cabinet meeting room, the Capitol.)
KIDCARE MONEY ON TABLE: The Social Services Estimating Conference will analyze expenditures in the KidCare subsidized health-insurance program. (Wednesday, 9 a.m., 117 Knott Building, the Capitol.)
BEACH ACCESS AT ISSUE: The state Department of Environmental Protection will hold a meeting focused on beach access at Topsail Hill Preserve State Park in Northwest Florida. (Wednesday, 5:30 p.m. Central time, Northwest Florida State College, South Walton Campus, 109 Greenway Trail, Santa Rosa Beach.)
—-Compiled by the News Service of Florida and FlaglerLive
In Coming Days in Palm Coast, Flagler and the Occasional Beyond:
To include your event in this section, please fill out this form.
Keep Up with Donald Trump’s attacks on the press through the ACLU’s running tab here.
Keep Up with mass shootings in a running database here.
Palm Coast Construction and Development Progress Reports
Here’s a summary of the latest city developments as of Nov. 11, 2018, with a link to the full week in review here. (The city has not updated its reports since mid-November.)
Click to access developments-nov-11-20181.pdf
Road and Interstate Construction:
Erik Bosgraaf in performance at Wilton’s Music Hall
- Erik Bosgraaf & the Stradivarius of the recorder
- Medtner : Sonata for Piano in A Minor Op. 38 n°1 “Reminiscenza” (Evgeny Svetlanov)
- Ferdinand Ries: Quartet in D minor
- Rossini: Sonata Nr. 1 in G Major
- Copland’s 3rd Symphony
- Zdenek Fibich: Poem Op. 41, No.4 from “At Twilight”
- Kuhlau: Sonatine No.1 in C Major, Op. 20
- Beethoven 33 Variations on a Waltz by Anton Diabelli Op 120, Gavin Arturo Gamboa, piano
- Philip Glass: American Four Seasons with violinist Robert McDuffie
- Elgar’s “Nimrod”: Daniel Barenboim with the Chicago Symphony Orchestra, 1997
- Valentina Lisitsa plays Liszt’s Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2
- Ravel : Piano Concerto in G major (Martha Argerich : Orchestre national de France)
- Schubert: Piano Sonata No.20 D.959 / Paul Badura-Skoda (1993)
- Antonio Vivaldi’s “Vedro con mio diletto” from Il Giustino by Jakub Józef Orliński
- Bill Evans Trio: Some Day My Prince Will Come (1965)
Leave a Reply