Today: Mostly cloudy with chance of showers and slight chance of thunderstorms. Highs around 80. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 50 percent. Tonight: Cooler. Mostly cloudy with chance of showers and slight chance of thunderstorms. Lows around 60. West winds 5 to 10 mph shifting to the northwest after midnight. Chance of rain 50 percent.Details here.
Today’s document from the National Archives and the Astronomy Picture of the Day.
Today’s tides: at the beaches, at the Intracoastal Waterway.
Drought Index: 261
The OED’s Word of the day: ad hocism, n.
The Live Community Calendar
Today’s jail bookings.
Today’s Briefing: Quick Links
- First Light
- In Flagler and Palm Coast
- Flagler Jail Bookings and Last 24 Hours of Incident Reports
- In State Government
- In Coming Days in Flagler, Palm Coast and Beyond
- Fact-Checking the Knaves
- Palm Coast Construction and Development
- Local Road and Interstate Construction
- Cultural Coda
Note: all government meetings noticed below are free and open to the public unless otherwise indicated. Many can be heard or seen live through each agency’s website.
The Sheriff’s daily incident reports and jail bookings are posted here.
The Flagler County Commission meets at 9 a.m. at the Government Services Building, Bunnell. It is newly-elected Commissioner Joe Mullins’s first full business meeting. He has signaled his intention to move to dismiss County Administrator Craig Coffey. Commissioner Charlie Ericksen, however, will not be in attendance, as he is taking a few days off. Commissioners are to discuss each other’s committee assignments. Watch live here. The commission meets again at 1 p.m. at the Emergency Operations Center, 1769 E. Moody Blvd, Bldg. 3 (behind the Government Services Building), Bunnell, for a workshop on the county’s legislative priorities, and on the county’s partnership with Marineland Dolphin Adventure’s One Ocean One Health Institute at Marineland. The institute’s proposed location is across the street from the Marineland Dolphin Adventure facility. Jim Jacoby will provide the property for the project. It will be part of a non-profit corporation, Dolphin Conservation Center, Inc. The Board members are distinguished scientists and leaders in ocean wildlife and organisms. Their concentration is to conduct studies and education to preserve the health of the oceans and coastal waters.
The Flagler County Veterans Advisory Council meets at 4 p.m. in the First Floor Conference room of the Government Services Building, 1769 E. Moody Blvd., Bunnell.
The Bunnell City Commission holds a special meeting at 8 a.m. to call for a special election to replace John Sowell, who resigned last Friday. 8 a.m. at 201 West Moody Boulevard, Bunnell.
“Black Violin” is in concert at the Flagler Auditorium, 7:30 p.m. 5500 East Hwy 100, Palm Coast, call 386-437-7547.
Audition Call: Flagler Playhouse’s “A… My Name is Alice”: Audition dates/time: Monday and Tuesday @ 6:30 pm at Flagler Playhouse. Looking for 5 talented females to play multiple roles in the musical, “A… My Name is Alice”. Voice types needed: 2 sopranos, 3 altos. Ages: 18 and up. Please prepare a song in the Pop genre for the audition. You will also be asked to read prepared selections as part of the audition process. If you are unable to make the scheduled audition dates, please email Michele at [email protected] for an alternate date. Performance dates : January 25 through February 10, 2019. Please park in the rear lot and enter through the cast door.
Blood Donations: The Big Red Bus will be at the following locations this week (schedule your donation by going to the website and entering a Palm Coast zip code, then locating one of the venues below):
- Monday: Plantation Bay Golf & Country Club, 200 Plantation Bay Drive, Ormond Beach, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Tuesday: Daytona State College, Palm Coast Campus, Building 2, 3000 Palm Coast Parkway, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Wednesday: Post Office, 2 Pine Cone Drive, Palm Coast, noon to 5 p.m.
- Thursday: Sandvik Kanthal Palm Coast, 1 Commerce Boulevard, Palm Coast, 11:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday: Aaron’s, 229 St. Joe’s Plaza, Palm Coast, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Sunday: Santa Maria del Mar Church, 915 North Central Avenue, Flagler Beach, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Jail Bookings and Last 24 Hours' Incidents in Flagler, Palm Coast, Flagler Beach, Bunnell
|Jail Bookings, June 19-22|
Sheriff's night shift incident reports, June 21
Sheriff's day shift incident reports, June 21
Flagler Beach's night shift incident reports, June 21
Flagler Beach's day shift incident reports, June 21
Bunnell police's night shift incident reports, June 21
Bunnell police's day shift incident reports, June 21
Here are the winners of the 2018 Flagler Beach Holiday Parade hosted by Cindy Dalecki and Robert Snyder:
Best of Parade – Phun Coast Parrot Heads
1st Waste Not Want Not
3rd Turtle Patrol
Best Marching Unit
1st Imagine Spirit Team
2nd Cub scouts/Boy scouts
3rd Greater Daytona Beach Clemson Alumni and Fan Club
1st Studio Z Fitness
2nd MHS marching band
3rd Paks Karate
GAMBLING MONEY ON TABLE: The Revenue Estimating Conference will analyze issues related to slot machines and Indian gaming. (Monday, 1:30 p.m., 117 Knott Building, the Capitol.)
—-Compiled by the News Service of Florida and FlaglerLive
To include your event in this section, please fill out this form.
Keep Up with Donald Trump’s attacks on the press through the ACLU’s running tab here.
Keep Up with mass shootings in a running database here.
Here’s a summary of the latest city developments as of Nov. 11, 2018, with a link to the full week in review here. (The city has not updated its reports since mid-November.)
Erik Bosgraaf & the Stradivarius of the recorder
- Medtner : Sonata for Piano in A Minor Op. 38 n°1 “Reminiscenza” (Evgeny Svetlanov)
- Ferdinand Ries: Quartet in D minor
- Rossini: Sonata Nr. 1 in G Major
- Copland’s 3rd Symphony
- Zdenek Fibich: Poem Op. 41, No.4 from “At Twilight”
- Kuhlau: Sonatine No.1 in C Major, Op. 20
- Beethoven 33 Variations on a Waltz by Anton Diabelli Op 120, Gavin Arturo Gamboa, piano
- Philip Glass: American Four Seasons with violinist Robert McDuffie
- Elgar’s “Nimrod”: Daniel Barenboim with the Chicago Symphony Orchestra, 1997
- Valentina Lisitsa plays Liszt’s Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2
- Ravel : Piano Concerto in G major (Martha Argerich : Orchestre national de France)
- Schubert: Piano Sonata No.20 D.959 / Paul Badura-Skoda (1993)
- Antonio Vivaldi’s “Vedro con mio diletto” from Il Giustino by Jakub Józef Orliński
- Bill Evans Trio: Some Day My Prince Will Come (1965)