Today: Cloudy with chance of showers and slight chance of thunderstorms in the morning, then partly cloudy with slight chance of showers in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 70s. West winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 50 percent. Tonight: Cooler. Mostly clear. Lows in the mid 40s. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Details here.
Today’s document from the National Archives and the Astronomy Picture of the Day.
Today’s tides: at the beaches, at the Intracoastal Waterway.
The OED’s Word of the Day: bachcha, n..
The Live Community Calendar
Today’s jail bookings.
Today’s Briefing: Quick Links
- First Light
- In Flagler and Palm Coast
- Flagler Jail Bookings and Last 24 Hours of Incident Reports
- In State Government
- In Coming Days in Flagler, Palm Coast and Beyond
- The Day’s Best Reads
- Editor’s Tweets
- Fact-Checking the Knaves
- Palm Coast Construction and Development
- Local Road and Interstate Construction
- Cultural Coda
Note: all government meetings noticed below are free and open to the public unless otherwise indicated. Many can be heard or seen live through each agency’s website.
The Sheriff’s daily incident reports and jail bookings are posted here.
It’s spring break all week, and it shows: schools are all closed, so is criminal court, as it looks like Flagler’s felony judge is taking the week off.
The Flagler County Library Board of Trustees meets at 4:30 p.m. at the Flagler County Library, 2500 Palm Coast Parkway NW, Palm Coast. The board will discuss the library’s customer service policy and equal access issues.
The Bunnell City Commission meets at 7 p.m. at City Hall, 201 West Moody Boulevard. The commission is expected to discuss establishing a new travel policy for city employees, discuss development fees, and talk about its goals.
Blood Donations: The Big Red Bus will be at the following locations this week:
- Monday: McDonald’s at 5190 State Road 100, Palm Coast, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Tuesday: Epic Theater, Town Center, Palm Coast, from 1 to 6 p.m.
- Wednesday: H&R Block, 2400 East Moody Boulevard (SR100), Bunnell, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Wednesday: CVS Pharmacy at 2301 West Moody Boulevard (SR100), Flagler Beach, from 3 to 6 p.m.
- Thursday: Walmart, 174 Cypress Point Parkway, Palm Coast, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Saturday: Bealls at 1210 Palm Coast Parkway, from 11:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Jail Bookings and Last 24 Hours' Incidents in Flagler, Palm Coast, Flagler Beach, Bunnell
|Jail Bookings, June 19-22
Sheriff's night shift incident reports, June 21
Sheriff's day shift incident reports, June 21
Flagler Beach's night shift incident reports, June 21
Flagler Beach's day shift incident reports, June 21
Bunnell police's night shift incident reports, June 21
Bunnell police's day shift incident reports, June 21
Flagler Beach government needs volunteer residents to serve on various boards and committees. Applications must be obtained from City Hall, 105 south second street, Flagler Beach, or on the city web site: www.Cityofflaglerbeach.Com. Here are the openings:
Economic Development Task Force – 1 Vacancy for a Citizen
This Committee is scheduled to meet monthly
Investment Committee – 1 Vacancy for an Attorney
This Committee is scheduled to meet quarterly.
Personnel Advisory Review Board – 1 Vacancy
This Committee rarely meets but is required by our Code of Ordinance in the event an employee has a grievance and wishes to appeal disciplinary action.
Additional information, contact City Clerk Penny Overstreet, (386)-517-2000 EXT 233
JOBS NUMBERS RELEASED: The Florida Department of Economic Opportunity will release January unemployment figures. (Monday, 10 a.m.)
CAMPAIGN FINANCE REPORTS DUE: State political candidates and committees face a Monday deadline to file reports showing finance activity through Feb. 28.
—-Compiled by the News Service of Florida and FlaglerLive
To include your event in this section, please fill out this form.
Jared Kushner’s family company is in talks with the Trump Organization on a hotel deal in New Jersey. Both the president and his senior adviser stand to profit off of it. https://t.co/DQzTsf1dDI
— Citizens for Ethics (@CREWcrew) March 10, 2018
Why dictators don’t have a sense of humor? Because laughter trumps fear every time.
— Citizen Resister (@Mean_Adam) March 10, 2018
— Open Culture (@openculture) March 9, 2018
— The New York Times (@nytimes) March 10, 2018
ACLU sues Trump administration for forcibly separating immigrant parents from their young children https://t.co/4CgqP8FZqu
— ThinkProgress (@thinkprogress) March 10, 2018
— Maria Popova (@brainpicker) March 10, 2018
Keep Up with Donald Trump’s attacks on the press through the ACLU’s running tab here.
Keep Up with mass shootings in a running database here.
Here’s a summary of the latest city developments as of March 9, 2018, with a link to the full week in review here.
Andras Schiff Plays Bach’s Complete Well Tempered Clavier, Book One
As March is Johann Sebastian Bach Month, or ought to be (he was born the first day of spring in 1685), we’re celebrating the great German composer all months with videos about him, his music and his life.
- Andras Schiff Plays Bach’s Complete English Suites
- Keith Jarrett, Late Solo
- Jacqueline du Pré Perform’s Dvořák Cello Concerto With the LSO and Daniel Barenboim
- Beethoven’s Triple Concerto, with Yo-Yo Ma, Itzhak Perlman and Daniel Barenboim
- Albert Camus’ “The Human Crisis”
- Swinging Bach
- Keith Jarrett Standards Trio
- Anoushka Shankar Ensemble
- Jacques Loussier Play Bach Trio: a 2007 Concert
- Abdel Rahman el Bacha Plays Two Nocturnes by Chopin
- Edith Mathis’s Creations
- Sheku Kanneh-Mason: No Woman No Cry, Cello Version
- Viotti’s Violin Concerto No 23 in G Major, Performed by Jennifer Jeon
- Bruckner’s Symphony Nr. 7 at the Lucerne Frestival
- Beethoven’s 5th Symphony in the style of Chopin: Syd R Duke
- Nikolai Kapustin performing Prelude, op. 53, no. 11
- Ray Chen, Sarabande from Bach’s Partita No. 2 in D minor
- It’s A Small World: Ken Kubota and Friends
- Maria Callas: The Mike Wallace Interview
- Carl Philipp Emanuel Bach – Oboe Concerto in B flat major, Wq 164
- The Cranberries: Linger
- Martha Argerich Performs Liszt’s Piano Concerto No 1 in E flat major
- Vivaldi’s Winter in a Wintry Performance By Milan Řehák
- Bach: Musical Offering BWV 1079, Concert des Nations Jordi Savall
- Bach: Sonata for Gamba and Harpsichord in G minor, BWV 1029
- Claude Debussy, La fille aux cheveux de lin, from Préludes
- Bach’s Complete Christmas Oratorio BWV 248, Gardiner, Monteverdi Choir & Bach Soloists
- Angels in Heaven: Chris Rodrigues and the Spoon Lady
- Hindemith: Der Schwanendreher
- Brendel Performs Schubert’s A Major Sonata No. 22, D. 959
- The New York Philharmonic in a 2016 Performance of Dvorak’s New World Symphony
- Alexander Gavrylyuk Plays Bach İtalian Concerto