Today: Partly cloudy. A 30 percent chance of showers in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 70s. East winds 5 mph. Tonight: Warmer, cloudy. Chance of showers in the evening, then showers likely after midnight. Lows in the upper 50s. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent. Details here.
Today’s document from the National Archives and the Astronomy Picture of the Day.
Today’s tides: at the beaches, at the Intracoastal Waterway.
Drought Index: 7
The OED’s Word of the day: lachrymiform, adj.
The Live Community Calendar
Today’s jail bookings.
Today’s Briefing: Quick Links
- First Light
- In Flagler and Palm Coast
- Flagler Jail Bookings and Last 24 Hours of Incident Reports
- Announcements/Missing Dogs
- In State Government
- In Coming Days in Flagler, Palm Coast and Beyond
- Fact-Checking the Knaves
- Palm Coast Construction and Development
- Local Road and Interstate Construction
- Cultural Coda
Note: all government meetings noticed below are free and open to the public unless otherwise indicated. Many can be heard or seen live through each agency’s website.
The Sheriff’s daily incident reports and jail bookings are posted here.
In Court: The second day of a week-long trial in the case of Michael Bowling, the 47-year-old Palm Coast man facing charges of molestation of 15-year-old girl during a sleep-over at her Bowling’s daughter’s house. Bowling also faces rape charges involving a girl in his charge, starting when she was 8 and going on for several years. That trial would take place next year. Jury selection took place Monday. 9 a.m. in Courtroom 401 at the Flagler County courthouse. See the background story here.
The Flagler County Technical Review Committee meets at 9 a.m. in the First Floor Conference Room of the Government Services Building, Bunnell.
The Tourist Development Council’s meeting scheduled for today was cancelled.
The Flagler County Contractor Review Board meets at 5 p.m. in board chambers at the Government Services Building, Bunnell.
The Palm Coast Planning Board meets at 3 p.m. at City Hall in Town Center.
The Flagler Beach Economic Development Task Force meets at 4 p.m. at City Hall, 105 S 2nd St.
Navy Bombing in the Ocala National Forest: Navy training schedules indicate that inert and live bombing will take place at the Pinecastle Range Complex located in the Ocala National Forest this week. Bombings at times can be heard in Flagler-Palm Coast. The bombings are scheduled as follows:
Wednesday: 12-3 p.m. – Live
Thursday:8 a.m. – 1 p.m. – Live
During bombing periods wildlife may be temporarily displaced. Use extra caution when driving through the Ocala National forest and surrounding areas. Secure any items around your residence that could attract wildlife. Always be mindful of larger animals including black bears and practice bearwise measures. The telephone number for noise complaints is 1-800-874-5059, Fleet Area Control and Surveillance Facility, Jacksonville, Fla. For additional information, call (904) 542-5588.
Rotary Club Annual Fantasy Lights Festival in Palm Coast’s Town Center’s Central Park, through New Year, every evening until 9 p.m. Free admission, with recommended donation to the Rotary Club, which makes the lights possible.
Blood Donations: The Big Red Bus will be at the following locations this week (schedule your donation by going to the website and entering a Palm Coast zip code, then locating one of the venues below):
- Thursday: Palm Coast Ford, 1150 Palm Coast Parkway, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Friday: Epic Theaters, 1185 Central Avenue, Palm Coast, 1 to 6 p.m.
- Saturday: Flagler Humane Society, 1 Shelter Drive, Palm Coast, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Sunday: Walmart, 174 Cypress Point Parkway, Palm Coast, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Jail Bookings and Last 24 Hours' Incidents in Flagler, Palm Coast, Flagler Beach, Bunnell
|Jail Bookings, June 19-22
Sheriff's night shift incident reports, June 21
Sheriff's day shift incident reports, June 21
Flagler Beach's night shift incident reports, June 21
Flagler Beach's day shift incident reports, June 21
Bunnell police's night shift incident reports, June 21
Bunnell police's day shift incident reports, June 21
CITRUS ISSUES DISCUSSED: The Florida Citrus Commission will meet in Polk County. (Wednesday, 9 a.m., Florida Department of Citrus, 605 East Main St., Bartow.)
PAROLE CASES ON THE AGENDA: The Florida Commission on Offender Review will take up parole cases from across the state. (Wednesday, 9 a.m., Betty Easley Conference Center, 4075 Esplanade Way, Tallahassee.)
—-Compiled by the News Service of Florida and FlaglerLive
To include your event in this section, please fill out this form.
Keep Up with Donald Trump’s attacks on the press through the ACLU’s running tab here.
Keep Up with mass shootings in a running database here.
Here’s a summary of the latest city developments as of Dec. 7, 2018, with a link to the full week in review here.
Mozart – Violin Concerto No.3, Hillary Hahn
- Mozart’s Piano Concerto No. 20 in D minor, Ivan Klansky, piano
- Victor Herbert’s Irish Rhapsody
- Malcolm Arnold: Serenade for Guitar and Strings
- Claude Bolling – Suite for Chamber Orchestra and Jazz Piano Trio: Gracieuse (Carlo Pari)
- Aldo Ciccolini Performs Brahms’s Intermezzo n.2 op.118
- Erik Bosgraaf in performance at Wilton’s Music Hall
- Erik Bosgraaf & the Stradivarius of the recorder
- Medtner : Sonata for Piano in A Minor Op. 38 n°1 “Reminiscenza” (Evgeny Svetlanov)
- Ferdinand Ries: Quartet in D minor
- Rossini: Sonata Nr. 1 in G Major
- Copland’s 3rd Symphony
- Zdenek Fibich: Poem Op. 41, No.4 from “At Twilight”
- Kuhlau: Sonatine No.1 in C Major, Op. 20
- Beethoven 33 Variations on a Waltz by Anton Diabelli Op 120, Gavin Arturo Gamboa, piano
- Philip Glass: American Four Seasons with violinist Robert McDuffie
- Elgar’s “Nimrod”: Daniel Barenboim with the Chicago Symphony Orchestra, 1997
- Valentina Lisitsa plays Liszt’s Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2
- Ravel : Piano Concerto in G major (Martha Argerich : Orchestre national de France)
- Schubert: Piano Sonata No.20 D.959 / Paul Badura-Skoda (1993)
- Antonio Vivaldi’s “Vedro con mio diletto” from Il Giustino by Jakub Józef Orliński
- Bill Evans Trio: Some Day My Prince Will Come (1965)