Today: Cooler, sunny. Highs around 70. West winds 10 to 15 mph. Tonight: Clear. Lows in the upper 40s. West winds 10 to 15 mph. Details here.
Today’s document from the National Archives and the Astronomy Picture of the Day.
Today’s tides: at the beaches, at the Intracoastal Waterway.
The OED’s Word of the Day: pook, n..
The Live Community Calendar
Today’s jail bookings.
Today’s Briefing: Quick Links
- First Light
- In Flagler and Palm Coast
- Flagler Jail Bookings and Last 24 Hours of Incident Reports
- Summer Camps
- In State Government
- Cats and Dogs Looking For Homes
- In Coming Days in Flagler, Palm Coast and Beyond
- Fact-Checking the Knaves
- Palm Coast Construction and Development
- Local Road and Interstate Construction
- Cultural Coda
Note: all government meetings noticed below are free and open to the public unless otherwise indicated. Many can be heard or seen live through each agency’s website.
The Sheriff’s daily incident reports and jail bookings are posted here.
The Flagler County Commission holds another goal-setting session at 8 a.m. at the Government Services Building, Bunnell, then holds a 1 p.m. workshop at the Emergency Operations Center, behind the GSB, to discuss tourist-tax collections, ambulance billing and the public’s customary access to beachfront property, in light of a new law that could potentially restrict that access, unless local governments pass an ordinance protecting it before July 1. The administration has been developing that ordinance. (See the story: “New Law Gives Property Owners Right to Restrict Beach Access. Flagler Working On Protecting Public’s ‘Customary Use‘”). The commission meets yet again at 5 p.m. for an action meeting, back at the GSB. See the agenda here.
The Flagler Palm Coast High School Spring Concert is scheduled for 7 p.m. at the Flagler Auditorium, 5500 East Hwy 100, Palm Coast, call 386-437-7547. Tickets are $8.
Blood Donations: The Big Red Bus will be at the following locations this week:
- Monday: Planet Fitness, 7 Old Kings Road North, Palm Coast, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Monday: MPower Fitness-Atlantic Fitness, 160 Cypress Point Parkway (City Marketplace), Palm Coast, 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Monday: Plantation Bay Golf Club, 200 Plantation Bay Drive, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Sunday: Lowe’s, 315 Cypress Edge Drive, Palm Coast, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Jail Bookings and Last 24 Hours' Incidents in Flagler, Palm Coast, Flagler Beach, Bunnell
|Jail Bookings, June 19-22|
Sheriff's night shift incident reports, June 21
Sheriff's day shift incident reports, June 21
Flagler Beach's night shift incident reports, June 21
Flagler Beach's day shift incident reports, June 21
Bunnell police's night shift incident reports, June 21
Bunnell police's day shift incident reports, June 21
Watch Sunday’s fast-draw-shootout between Sheriff Rick Staly and FHP’s Pete Young:
The Online auction to benefit the G.W. Carver Center in Bunnell is now open. Art Work, Local Experiences, Restaurant Gift Cards, Baskets, FCYC Summer Camp Registration & Trip Specials, Window Cleaning, Kayaking Tour, Furniture, World Wide Time Share, Camping Rentals, and the list goes on and on. The purpose of the auction is to raise money to go back into the development of the Carver Center. The Flagler County School Board and Flagler County Government have both owned and managed the facility over the years. Due to budgetary constraints it appeared it would be necessary to close the facility in 2010. A coalition was born to save the Gym and restore it as a community center. Our foundation was created to serve this facility with grant funding and equipment/supply needs. In order to participate in this auction you must register for a bidder account here. On the last day of the auction if a bidder submits a bid in the last 3 minutes before auction closes that item will extend for another 3 minutes and that process will repeat for up to a half hour the official close. Go bid here. If you have any questions please contact us via email at [email protected]
At the Florida Agricultural Museum: Our two new Fantastic Summer Camp Programs with Cathy Tallacksen, Instructor. Pioneer Life Ways, and Native American Traditions. 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday, four sessions available, $200 per week. Sibling discount, $175. Hurry and sign your child up HERE: https://form.jotform.com/80727305907964 and click here to see the full poster.
MEDICAL MARIJUANA RULES AT ISSUE: The Florida Department of Health’s Office of Medical Marijuana Use will hold a meeting about rules dealing with issues such as medical-marijuana packaging and labeling and medical-marijuana treatment center advertising and signage. (Friday, 9 a.m., Betty Easley Conference Center, 4075 Esplanade Way, Tallahassee.)
—-Compiled by the News Service of Florida and FlaglerLive
|The following is provided as a service to Community Cats of Palm Coast and the Flagler Humane Society. Should you have a lost pet and would like it noticed here, please contact us at [email protected].|
To include your event in this section, please fill out this form.
Keep Up with Donald Trump’s attacks on the press through the ACLU’s running tab here.
Keep Up with mass shootings in a running database here.
Here’s a summary of the latest city developments as of April 13, 2018, with a link to the full week in review here.
Nina Simone: Take Me To The Water
- Frank Peter Zimmermann: Bach and Me
- Jorge Bolet: Master Class On Rachmaninoff’s Piano Conceto No. 3
- Friedrich Gulda: So What, A Portrait (2002, with English subtitles)
- Dvořák’s Serenade for Strings: Netherlands Chamber Orchestra
- Kabalevsky Piano Concerto Nr. 3, Eric Lin, piano MusicaNova Warren Cohen
- Bach’s St. Matthew Passion, the Herreweghe Interpretation
- Bach’s Magnificat: The Monteverdi Choir
- András Schiff explains Bach
- Glenn Gould talks about J S Bach
- Bach revisited – John Eliot Gardiner in Saxony and Thuringia
- Ton Koopman in the footsteps of J.S. Bach in Leipzig
- A Buxtehude Fugue
- Andras Schiff Plays Bach’s Complete Well Tempered Clavier, Book One
- Andras Schiff Plays Bach’s Complete English Suites
- Keith Jarrett, Late Solo
- Jacqueline du Pré Perform’s Dvořák Cello Concerto With the LSO and Daniel Barenboim
- Beethoven’s Triple Concerto, with Yo-Yo Ma, Itzhak Perlman and Daniel Barenboim
- Albert Camus’ “The Human Crisis”
- Swinging Bach
- Keith Jarrett Standards Trio
- Anoushka Shankar Ensemble
- Jacques Loussier Play Bach Trio: a 2007 Concert
- Abdel Rahman el Bacha Plays Two Nocturnes by Chopin
- Edith Mathis’s Creations
- Sheku Kanneh-Mason: No Woman No Cry, Cello Version