Today:: Partly cloudy. Highs around 80. East winds 10 to 15 mph. Tonight: Mostly clear. Lows in the lower 60s. East winds 5 to 10 mph.. Details here.
Today’s document from the National Archives and the Astronomy Picture of the Day.
Today’s tides: at the beaches, at the Intracoastal Waterway.
Drought Index: 81
The OED’s Word of the Day: siderism, n.1.
The Live Community Calendar
Today’s jail bookings.
Today’s Briefing: Quick Links
- First Light
- In Flagler and Palm Coast
- Flagler Jail Bookings and Last 24 Hours of Incident Reports
- Summer Camps
- In State Government
- Cats and Dogs Looking For Homes
- In Coming Days in Flagler, Palm Coast and Beyond
- Fact-Checking the Knaves
- Palm Coast Construction and Development
- Local Road and Interstate Construction
- Cultural Coda
Note: all government meetings noticed below are free and open to the public unless otherwise indicated. Many can be heard or seen live through each agency’s website.
The Sheriff’s daily incident reports and jail bookings are posted here.
The Palm Coast City Council meets at 6 p.m. at City Hall in Town Center. Sheriff Rick Staly is scheduled to present a public safety update. The council will discuss whether and how to appoint a replacement for council member Steven Nobile, who has announced his resignation effective mid-May.
The Flagler County School Board meets for a workshop at 3 p.m. in Training Room 3B on the third floor of the Government Services Building. The agenda includes a discussion of a contract to start retrofitting district lighting with LED lights. The board will also discuss changes to its disaster preparedness policy, which you can read here.
Flagler Beach’s Planning and Architecture Review Board (PAR Board) meets at 5:30 p.m. at City Hall.
Rotary Club of Flagler County: George Albright, Marion County Tax Collector, will make a presentation about the Ma Barker House located on Lake Weir, the site in 1935 of the longest shootout in FBI history. The luncheon is at noon at the Pine Lakes Golf Club, 400 Pine Lakes Parkway, Palm Coast.
WNZF marks its 10th anniversary with a celebration from 4 to 6 p.m. at the radio station, 2405 East Moody Boulevard, Bunnell, with free prizes, live music, a live broadcast and food catered by the Matanzas High School culinary arts students. RSVP to [email protected].
Flagler Sportfishing Club Monthly Member Meeting: Just in time for the club’s members-only surf tournament, Noel Kuhn, a Florida Pro, will be the guest speaker for the May monthly meeting. Noel is the founding member of Florida Surfcasters Club and has been surf fishing for 40 years. In addition, he is a tournament winner and a native of Jacksonville. He is also a guide for groups, families, and individuals. The quick tips speaker will be club member Ron Gorney, talking about how to catch a blue fish. Quick Tips begins at 7 p.m., followed by the meeting at 7:30 at the VFW on Old Kings Rd. in Palm Coast. See the flier here.
Blood Donations: The Big Red Bus will be at the following locations this week:
- Tuesday: Florida Hospital Flagler, 60 Memorial Drive, Palm Coast, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Thursday: Matanzas High School, 3535 Old Kings Road, Palm Coast, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Friday: Oceanside Beach Bar and Grill, 1848 South Oceanshore Boulevard, Flagler Beach, noon to 5 p.m.
- Saturday: Walmart, 274 Cypress Point Parkway, Palm Coast, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Jail Bookings and Last 24 Hours' Incidents in Flagler, Palm Coast, Flagler Beach, Bunnell
|Jail Bookings, June 19-22|
Sheriff's night shift incident reports, June 21
Sheriff's day shift incident reports, June 21
Flagler Beach's night shift incident reports, June 21
Flagler Beach's day shift incident reports, June 21
Bunnell police's night shift incident reports, June 21
Bunnell police's day shift incident reports, June 21
The Online auction to benefit the G.W. Carver Center in Bunnell is now open. Art Work, Local Experiences, Restaurant Gift Cards, Baskets, FCYC Summer Camp Registration & Trip Specials, Window Cleaning, Kayaking Tour, Furniture, World Wide Time Share, Camping Rentals, and the list goes on and on. The purpose of the auction is to raise money to go back into the development of the Carver Center. The Flagler County School Board and Flagler County Government have both owned and managed the facility over the years. Due to budgetary constraints it appeared it would be necessary to close the facility in 2010. A coalition was born to save the Gym and restore it as a community center. Our foundation was created to serve this facility with grant funding and equipment/supply needs. In order to participate in this auction you must register for a bidder account here. On the last day of the auction if a bidder submits a bid in the last 3 minutes before auction closes that item will extend for another 3 minutes and that process will repeat for up to a half hour the official close. Go bid here. If you have any questions please contact us via email at [email protected]
At the Florida Agricultural Museum: Our two new Fantastic Summer Camp Programs with Cathy Tallacksen, Instructor. Pioneer Life Ways, and Native American Traditions. 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday, four sessions available, $200 per week. Sibling discount, $175. Hurry and sign your child up HERE: https://form.jotform.com/80727305907964 and click here to see the full poster.
SPECIAL ELECTIONS IN CENTRAL, SOUTH FLORIDA: Voters in state House District 39 and House District 114 will go to the polls in special elections caused by the departures of former Rep. Neil Combee, R-Auburndale, and former Rep. Daisy Baez, D-Coral Gables. Republican Josie Tomkow and Democrat Ricky Shirah are running in District 39, which includes parts of Polk and Osceola counties. Democrat Javier Fernandez, Republican Andrew Vargas and unaffiliated candidate Liz de las Cuevas are running in Miami-Dade County’s District 114.
CITIZENS INSURANCE ADDRESSES CLAIMS ISSUES: Citizens Property Insurance Corp. claims representatives will hold office hours in Monroe County to answer questions and help policyholders who sustained damage in Hurricane Irma. (Tuesday, 8 a.m., Banana Bay Resort & Marina, 4590 Overseas Highway, Marathon.)
—-Compiled by the News Service of Florida and FlaglerLive
|The following is provided as a service to Community Cats of Palm Coast and the Flagler Humane Society. Should you have a lost pet and would like it noticed here, please contact us at [email protected].|
To include your event in this section, please fill out this form.
Keep Up with Donald Trump’s attacks on the press through the ACLU’s running tab here.
Keep Up with mass shootings in a running database here.
Here’s a summary of the latest city developments as of April 27, 2018, with a link to the full week in review here.
Chanticleer Sings Shenandoah
- Bottesini Gran Duo for double bass and violin
- Schubert’s “Der Lindenbaum,” “Im Frühling”: Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau and Gerald Moore
- Schumann: Sonata for Violin and Piano no 1 in A minor, Op. 105 (Yoojin Jang)
- Emmanuel Chabrier’s España Rhapsody For Orchestra
- Yuja Wang plays Schubert-Liszt (D 774)
- Nina Simone: Take Me To The Water
- Frank Peter Zimmermann: Bach and Me
- Jorge Bolet: Master Class On Rachmaninoff’s Piano Conceto No. 3
- Friedrich Gulda: So What, A Portrait (2002, with English subtitles)
- Dvořák’s Serenade for Strings: Netherlands Chamber Orchestra
- Kabalevsky Piano Concerto Nr. 3, Eric Lin, piano MusicaNova Warren Cohen
- Bach’s St. Matthew Passion, the Herreweghe Interpretation
- Bach’s Magnificat: The Monteverdi Choir
- András Schiff explains Bach
- Glenn Gould talks about J S Bach
- Bach revisited – John Eliot Gardiner in Saxony and Thuringia
- Ton Koopman in the footsteps of J.S. Bach in Leipzig
- A Buxtehude Fugue
- Andras Schiff Plays Bach’s Complete Well Tempered Clavier, Book One
- Andras Schiff Plays Bach’s Complete English Suites
- Keith Jarrett, Late Solo
- Jacqueline du Pré Perform’s Dvořák Cello Concerto With the LSO and Daniel Barenboim
- Beethoven’s Triple Concerto, with Yo-Yo Ma, Itzhak Perlman and Daniel Barenboim