Today:: Partly cloudy. Scattered thunderstorms and chance of showers in the morning, then showers likely and chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 80s. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent. Tonight: Partly cloudy. A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening. Lows in the lower 70s. Southeast winds 5 mph shifting to the west after midnight. Details here.
Today’s document from the National Archives and the Astronomy Picture of the Day.
Today’s tides: at the beaches, at the Intracoastal Waterway.
Drought Index: 66
The OED’s Word of the Day: hippanthropy, n..
The Live Community Calendar
Today’s jail bookings.
Today’s Briefing: Quick Links
- First Light
- In Flagler and Palm Coast
- Flagler Jail Bookings and Last 24 Hours of Incident Reports
- In State Government
- Cats and Dogs Looking For Homes
- In Coming Days in Flagler, Palm Coast and Beyond
- Fact-Checking the Knaves
- Palm Coast Construction and Development
- Local Road and Interstate Construction
- Cultural Coda
Note: all government meetings noticed below are free and open to the public unless otherwise indicated. Many can be heard or seen live through each agency’s website.
The Sheriff’s daily incident reports and jail bookings are posted here.
The Flagler County Commission meets in a budget workshop at 9 a.m. at the Emergency Operations Center, 1769 E. Moody Blvd, Bldg. 3 (behind the Government Services Building), Bunnell.
The Flagler County Library Board of Trustees meets at 4:30 p.m. at the Flagler County Library, 2500 Palm Coast Parkway NW, Palm Coast.
The Bunnell City Commission meets at 7 p.m. at City Hall, 201 West Moody Boulevard. Commissioners will discuss and potentially approve hiring Martin Murphy as the city’s next manager. The commission will also discuss and possibly appoint members to the city’s charter review committee.
World Cup Semifinals:
- Tuesday: France v. Belgium, 2 p.m., Fox.
- Wednesday: Croatia v. England, 2 p.m., Fox.
See the full schedule here.
Blood Donations: The Big Red Bus will be at the following locations this week:
- Monday: Government Services Building, Bunnell, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Tuesday: St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Church, 4600 Belle Terre Parkway, Palm Coast, 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Tuesday: Fitness One, 250 Old Kings Road South, Palm Coast, 1 to 6 p.m.
- Wednesday: The Windsor assisted living facility, 50 Town Court, Palm Coast, 1 to 6 p.m.
- Thursday: Sheriff’s Operations Center, 901 East Moody Boulevard, Bunnell, 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Saturday: Chick Fil A, 1000 Palm Coast Parkway, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Sunday: Starbucks, 250 Palm Coast Parkway, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Jail Bookings and Last 24 Hours' Incidents in Flagler, Palm Coast, Flagler Beach, Bunnell
|Jail Bookings, June 19-22
Sheriff's night shift incident reports, June 21
Sheriff's day shift incident reports, June 21
Flagler Beach's night shift incident reports, June 21
Flagler Beach's day shift incident reports, June 21
Bunnell police's night shift incident reports, June 21
Bunnell police's day shift incident reports, June 21
Flagler firefighter deploys to Oklahoma: Flagler County Firefighter Ronald Titus drove across the country on Independence Day to help fight wildfires in Texas, Oklahoma and Colorado. “It was short notice this time,” Titus, 33, said on Tuesday shortly after getting word of deployment. “I have to leave about 4 a.m. (on the Fourth of July).” Titus traveled with a crew of at least 20 from the Florida Forest Service and other agencies. It is his sixth consecutive deployment. “Firefighters continually train to be ready for these situations,” Flagler County Fire Rescue Chief Don Petito said. “Ronald Titus is very motivated, and enjoys being part of these specialized teams.” Deployments are typically 17 to 21 days. Flagler County hired Titus in January 2011. “He exemplifies the dedication of our firefighters,” County Administrator Craig Coffey said. “They serve are committed to helping people regardless of where they live.”
Jeanette Loftus has assumed the volunteer role of District Governor for Rotary International’s District 6970 for 2018-19.: Rotary District 6970 is located in Northeast Florida and is one of 541 Districts around the world with 63 Rotary Clubs, serving over 3300 Rotarians. The Rotary Club of Flagler County is in District 6970. Jeanette joined the Rotary Club of Flagler County in 2004, after relocating with her family from Forked River, NJ, where she began serving Rotary in 1997. Jeanette was Club President in 2009-10 and has served District 6970 in a variety of positions including District Secretary, District Trainer and has participated on a variety of District committees. In January 2017, Jeanette traveled to India and had a once in a lifetime opportunity to participate in a National Immunization Day to immunize the children of a small village outside of New Delhi against Polio. Rotary began the initiative to eradicate Polio in 1985, and has since partnered with the World Health Organization, UNICEF, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and many countries throughout the world. Polio remains endemic in three countries; Afghanistan, Pakistan and Nigeria. Jeanette’s husband Tracy is also a Rotarian and immediate past-president of the Rotary Club of Flagler County. To learn more about Rotary, please visit Rotary.org, or flaglerrotary.org.
STATE POPULATION ANALYZED: The Demographic Estimating Conference will discuss Florida population numbers. (Monday, 1:30 p.m., 117 Knott Building, the Capitol.)
—-Compiled by the News Service of Florida and FlaglerLive
To include your event in this section, please fill out this form.
|The following is provided as a service to Community Cats of Palm Coast and the Flagler Humane Society. Should you have a lost pet and would like it noticed here, please contact us at [email protected].|
Keep Up with Donald Trump’s attacks on the press through the ACLU’s running tab here.
Keep Up with mass shootings in a running database here.
Here’s a summary of the latest city developments as of July 6, 2018, with a link to the full week in review here.
David Letterman First Ever Appearance On The Tonight show With Johnny Carson: 1978
- Andres Alen: Variations on a Theme By Milanes
- Stephen Heller, Etude Op 46, 11
- Constitutionally Speaking with Justice David Souter and Margaret Warner
- Agustin Barrios Mangore: David Russell Performs the 4th Waltz Op. 8
- A Few Bach Inventions
- Boris Berezovsky Plays the Chopin/Godowsky Etude in G flat major
- Stewart Goodyear: Beethoven’s Hammerklavier 4th movement
- Claude Bolling and Hubert Laws on the Johnny Carson Show
- Schumann’s Toccata, Op. 7, Performed by Evgeny Kissin
- Bach Cantata BWV 170, Clare Wilkinson, mezzosoprano
- Toru Takemitsu: Air for Solo Flute
- Martha Argerich Plays Piazzolla’s Oblivion
- Bach-Liszt: Organ Prelude and Fugue in A minor
- Leonard Bernstein: Young People’s Concerts Vol. 2 (Includes André Watts)
- Emerson Quartet, Contrapunctus 9 from Bach’s Art of Fugue
- Virginia Grand Military Band, Memorial Day Concert 2017