Today::Partly cloudy. Slight chance of showers and thunderstorms in the morning, then chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 80s. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30 percent. Tonight: Partly cloudy. Lows in the upper 60s. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph. Details here.
Today’s document from the National Archives and the Astronomy Picture of the Day.
Today’s tides: at the beaches, at the Intracoastal Waterway.
Drought Index: 1
The OED’s Word of the Day: pulveratrix, n..
The Live Community Calendar
Today’s jail bookings.
Today’s Briefing: Quick Links
- First Light
- In Flagler and Palm Coast
- Flagler Jail Bookings and Last 24 Hours of Incident Reports
- In State Government
- Cats and Dogs Looking For Homes
- In Coming Days in Flagler, Palm Coast and Beyond
- Fact-Checking the Knaves
- Palm Coast Construction and Development
- Local Road and Interstate Construction
- Cultural Coda
Note: all government meetings noticed below are free and open to the public unless otherwise indicated. Many can be heard or seen live through each agency’s website.
The Sheriff’s daily incident reports and jail bookings are posted here.
The Flagler County Parks and Recreation Advisory Board meets at 10 a.m. in the First Floor Conference Room, 1769 E. Moody Blvd., Bldg. 2, Bunnell.
The Sea Colony Homeowners Association Board presents a talk on dune protection: History and Future Challenges, 7 p.m. at the Sea Colony Clubhouse. Steve Davis and David Eckert have been looking at some of the challenges facing our coastline in recent times and what’s ahead. Davis, by trade, is an architect and has helped organize the sea wall group in the Painter’s Hill area. Eckert is a retired chemical engineer and spearheaded the Hammock Dunes HOA FEMA protective dunes project post Hurricane Matthew. [NOTE: The event is at capacity as of May 15.]
Corporate 1: The window for bids closes at 2 p.m. for the sale of the Flagler County School Board’s 1 Corporate Drive land off Palm Coast Parkway, as surplus property. See the legal ad here. The board has previously sought to sell the land, but without success.
6th Grade Awards: 7th annual Belle Terre Elementary School 6th Grade Oscars at the Flagler Auditorium at 6 p.m. Semi-formal attire requested.
A meeting of the Compassionate Friends is scheduled at the Vitas Office at 4 North Old Kings Road (across from Kentucky Fried Chicken) in Palm Coast. The meeting begins at 5:30 p.m. The Compassionate Friends, a nonprofit self-help bereavement support organization for families that have experienced the death of a child. The meeting is open to all parents, grandparents, and siblings over age 18 who has suffered the loss of a child of any age. For more information, call John Brady at 610-428-3139. To learn more about The Compassionate Friends, visit their national website at www.compassionatefriends.org.
Chamber Music Camp Recital: Participants in the Flagler Youth Orchestra’s annual Chamber Music Camp, in which students get to perform in quartets, quintets or trios, perform in their year-ending recital at 5:30 at the 7th Day Adventist Church, 5650 Belle Terre Pkwy, Palm Coast.
Blood Donations: The Big Red Bus will be at the following locations this week:
- Thursday: Banfield Pet Hospital, 5270 East Highway 100, Palm Coast, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Thursday: CVS Pharmacy, 1 Old Kings Road, Palm Coast, 3 to 6 p.m.
- Sunday: Walmart, 174 Cypress Point Parkway, Palm Coast, from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Jail Bookings and Last 24 Hours' Incidents in Flagler, Palm Coast, Flagler Beach, Bunnell
|Jail Bookings, June 19-22
Sheriff's night shift incident reports, June 21
Sheriff's day shift incident reports, June 21
Flagler Beach's night shift incident reports, June 21
Flagler Beach's day shift incident reports, June 21
Bunnell police's night shift incident reports, June 21
Bunnell police's day shift incident reports, June 21
PAROLE CASES WEIGHED: The Florida Commission on Offender Review will meet in Charlotte County and consider numerous parole cases. (Wednesday, 9 a.m., Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office, 7474 Utilities Road, Punta Gorda.)
UNEMPLOYMENT CASES CONSIDERED: The state Reemployment Assistance Appeals Commission will meet. (Wednesday, 9:30 a.m., Reemployment Assistance Appeals Commission, 101 Rhyne Building, 2740 Centerview Dr., Tallahassee.)
—-Compiled by the News Service of Florida and FlaglerLive
To include your event in this section, please fill out this form.
|The following is provided as a service to Community Cats of Palm Coast and the Flagler Humane Society. Should you have a lost pet and would like it noticed here, please contact us at [email protected].|
Keep Up with Donald Trump’s attacks on the press through the ACLU’s running tab here.
Keep Up with mass shootings in a running database here.
Here’s a summary of the latest city developments as of May 17, 2018, with a link to the full week in review here.
Bach’s English Suite in G Minor BWV 808, Zoltan Fejervari, Miami Beach
- The Dangers of Sitting
- Glenn Gould’s U.S. Television Debut: Bernstein Conducting Bach’s Keyboard Concerto No. 1 in D minor
- Jean Baptiste Singelée: Septième Solo de Concert, Op. 93
- Telemann’s Fantasia No. 1 in A Major for solo flute, Performed by Kristen Stoner
- Frédéric Chopin: Piano Concerto No. 1 in E Minor, Olga Scheps, piano
- Bechara el-Khoury: Forgotten Fragments
- The Violins of Hope: Amnon’s journey
- Chanticleer Sings Shenandoah
- Bottesini Gran Duo for double bass and violin
- Schubert’s “Der Lindenbaum,” “Im Frühling”: Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau and Gerald Moore
- Schumann: Sonata for Violin and Piano no 1 in A minor, Op. 105 (Yoojin Jang)
- Emmanuel Chabrier’s España Rhapsody For Orchestra
- Yuja Wang plays Schubert-Liszt (D 774)
- Nina Simone: Take Me To The Water
- Frank Peter Zimmermann: Bach and Me
- Jorge Bolet: Master Class On Rachmaninoff’s Piano Conceto No. 3
- Friedrich Gulda: So What, A Portrait (2002, with English subtitles)
- Dvořák’s Serenade for Strings: Netherlands Chamber Orchestra