Today: Partly cloudy. Slight chance of showers and thunderstorms in the morning, then chance of showers and slight chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 90s. West winds 5 mph shifting to the east in the afternoon. Chance of rain 40 percent. Tonight: Partly cloudy with chance of showers and slight chance of thunderstorms. Lows in the mid 70s. East winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30 percent. Details here.
Today’s document from the National Archives and the Astronomy Picture of the Day.
Today’s tides: at the beaches, at the Intracoastal Waterway.
Drought Index: 167
The OED’s Word of the Day: profundify, v..
The Live Community Calendar
Today’s jail bookings.
Today’s Briefing: Quick Links
- First Light
- In Flagler and Palm Coast
- Flagler Jail Bookings and Last 24 Hours of Incident Reports
- In State Government
- Cats and Dogs Looking For Homes
- In Coming Days in Flagler, Palm Coast and Beyond
- Fact-Checking the Knaves
- Palm Coast Construction and Development
- Local Road and Interstate Construction
- Cultural Coda
Note: all government meetings noticed below are free and open to the public unless otherwise indicated. Many can be heard or seen live through each agency’s website.
The Sheriff’s daily incident reports and jail bookings are posted here.
Primary election early voting in Flagler County at three locations: Flagler County Public Library, 2500 Palm Coast Parkway N.W., Palm Coast; Palm Coast Community Center at the corner of Clubhouse Drive and Palm Coast Parkway, 305 Palm Coast Parkway; and Supervisor of Elections Office in the Government Services Building, 1769 E. Moody Boulevard, Building 2, Suite 101, Bunnell.
Collective Bargaining Contract Negotiations between Flagler County Professional Firefighters Assoc., the firefighters’ union, and county government, Government Services Complex, 1769 E. Moody Blvd, Bldg, 2. Financial Services Conf. Room, 9 a.m.
The Beautification and Environmental Advisory Committee meets at 5 p.m. at City Hall in Town Center. The committee will discuss pond mowing and the planned roundabout at Matanzas Woods Parkway and U.S. 1.
Couch to 5K Challenge sponsored by Florida Hospital Flagler, every Tuesday and Thursday through Oct. 11, 5:30-6:30 p.m. at Palm Coast Community Center Trail Head, 305 Palm Coast Pkwy. This group training and exercise program does not require any running experience. It is designed to encourage, motivate and challenge the individual to compete with his/her peers. The final goal is to run the Pink Army 5K on Oct. 14. Stop being a couch potato and sign up today! Please wear running shoes and dress to be outside. Registration includes race registration into the Pink Army 5K. $50/person that includes Pink Army 5K registration. Pre-registration required at www.palmcoastgov.com/register. More info: 386-986-2323.
Farm Swap and Music Jam at the Florida Agricultural Museum, 7900 Old Kings Rd. North, Palm Coast, FL 32137, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Farm Fresh Fruits and Veggies, Arts and Crafts, Ready to eat things, Flea Market, Local Musicians and More. Contact Gail Carson, [email protected]
Live Trivia at Moonrise Brewing Company, 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m., European Village, 101 Palm Harbor Parkway, Palm Coast. $70 in gift cards.
Blood Donations: The Big Red Bus will be at the following locations this week:
- Friday: Matanzas High School, 3535 Old Kings Road, Palm Coast, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Saturday: Epic Theaters, 1185 Central Avenue, Palm Coast, 1 to 7 p.m.
- Sunday: Metro Diner, 250 Palm Coast Parkway, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Sunday: Epic Theaters, 1185 Central Avenue, Palm Coast, 1 to 6 p.m.
Jail Bookings and Last 24 Hours' Incidents in Flagler, Palm Coast, Flagler Beach, Bunnell
|Jail Bookings, June 19-22
Sheriff's night shift incident reports, June 21
Sheriff's day shift incident reports, June 21
Flagler Beach's night shift incident reports, June 21
Flagler Beach's day shift incident reports, June 21
Bunnell police's night shift incident reports, June 21
Bunnell police's day shift incident reports, June 21
SUWANNEE RIVER BRIDGE PROJECT DISCUSSED: The Florida Department of Transportation will hold an open house about plans to replace a bridge on County Road 250 over the Suwannee River. (Thursday, 5 p.m., Advent Christian Village Saw Mill Depot Room, 23736 Park Center Drive, Live Oak)
I-95 IN BROWARD AT ISSUE: The Florida Department of Transportation will hold a public hearing to discuss a study for a project on Interstate 95, from south of Commercial Boulevard to north of Cypress Creek Road in Broward County. (Thursday, 5:30 p.m., Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale at Cypress Creek, 555 N.W. 62nd St., Fort Lauderdale.)
—-Compiled by the News Service of Florida and FlaglerLive
To include your event in this section, please fill out this form.
|The following is provided as a service to Community Cats of Palm Coast and the Flagler Humane Society. Should you have a lost pet and would like it noticed here, please contact us at [email protected].|
Keep Up with Donald Trump’s attacks on the press through the ACLU’s running tab here.
Keep Up with mass shootings in a running database here.
Here’s a summary of the latest city developments as of Aug. 3, 2018, with a link to the full week in review here.
Hector Berlioz: Trio “Arrival at Sais” (from “L´Enfance du Christ”, op. 25)
- Karajan: Dvorak Symphony No.8 Rehearsal
- Aretha Franklin: Full Concert (1971)
- Toru Takemitsu: From Me Flows What You Call Time
- Carl Nielsen’s Quintet op. 43 Performed by Carion
- Modest Musorgsky’s Pictures at an Exhibition for Woodwind Quintet
- Anton Reicha: Woodwind Quintet in Eb major op.88 no.2
- Balakirev: Islamey, Performed by Giuseppe Mentuccia
- Jean Rondeau Plays Soler’s Fandango
- Chloe Moriondo’s “La vie en rose”
- Martha Argerich Plays Liszt’s Piano Concerto No 1 in E flat major
- Beethoven on Piano for Romsai the Elephant
- Yuja Wang Plays Liszt’s Sonata B minor
- Evgeny Kissin Plays Schumann’s Toccata Opus 7
- Beethoven : Piano concerto No.3 Performed by Alice Sara Ott at the Piano
- Kurt Atterberg: Suite No. 3, Op. 19 for violin, viola and string orchestra, Pantomime
- Kurt Atterberg: Sinfonia for Strings
- David Letterman First Ever Appearance On The Tonight show With Johnny Carson: 1978
- Andres Alen: Variations on a Theme By Milanes
- Stephen Heller, Etude Op 46, 11
- Constitutionally Speaking with Justice David Souter and Margaret Warner
- Agustin Barrios Mangore: David Russell Performs the 4th Waltz Op. 8
- A Few Bach Inventions