Today: Partly cloudy with chance of showers and thunderstorms in the morning, then mostly cloudy with showers and thunderstorms likely in the afternoon. Highs around 90. South winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent. Tonight: Mostly cloudy with chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening, then partly cloudy with slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after midnight. Lows in the mid 70s. South winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40 percent. Details here.
Today’s document from the National Archives and the Astronomy Picture of the Day.
Today’s tides: at the beaches, at the Intracoastal Waterway.
Drought Index: 28
The OED’s Word of the Day: affinage, n..
The Live Community Calendar
Today’s jail bookings.
Today’s Briefing: Quick Links
- First Light
- In Flagler and Palm Coast
- Flagler Jail Bookings and Last 24 Hours of Incident Reports
- In State Government
- Cats and Dogs Looking For Homes
- In Coming Days in Flagler, Palm Coast and Beyond
- Fact-Checking the Knaves
- Palm Coast Construction and Development
- Local Road and Interstate Construction
- Cultural Coda
Note: all government meetings noticed below are free and open to the public unless otherwise indicated. Many can be heard or seen live through each agency’s website.
The Sheriff’s daily incident reports and jail bookings are posted here.
One lane of southbound Belle Terre Parkway to be closed intermittently July 23-27: Road crews will have intermittent lane closures of one southbound lane of Belle Terre Parkway between Royal Palms Parkway and Easthampton Boulevard. These intermittent lane closures are needed while that section of Belle Terre Parkway is repaved.
In Court: Matthew Nesbitt, 44, of Palm Coast’s P Section, is on trial on eight charges, including three charges of aggravated assault on a police officer and a charge of offense against a police dog, before Judge Terence Perkins in Courtroom 401 at the Flagler County Courthouse, 9 a.m. (Case 2017CF001004) See the background story here.
The Seventh Circuit Judicial Nominating Commission will convene at 11 a.m. in a phone conference for a logistical meeting to discuss the process it will follow as it works toward recommending a nominee to fill the vacancy resulting from the removal of Circuit Court Judge Scott Dupont. The commission, which includes Palm Coast attorney Raven Sword, will set a deadline for those wishing to apply and set interview dates.
The Flagler Beach Economic Development Task Force meets at 4 p.m. at City Hall.
The Flagler County School Board meets at 5:15 p.m. to approve advertising next year’;s school property tax rates. The meeting is at the Government Services Building, Bunnell.
Blood Donations: The Big Red Bus will be at the following locations this week:
- Tuesday: Banfield Pet Hospital, 5270 State Road 100, Palm Coast, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Tuesday: CVS Pharmacy, 1 Old Kings Road South, Palm Coast, from 3 to 6 p.m.
- Wednesday: Belle Terre Swim and Racquet Club, 73 Patricia Drive, from 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Thursday: Outback Steakhouse, 45 Plaza Drive, Palm Coast, from 4 to 9 p.m.
- Friday: Flagler Fish Company, 180 South Daytona Avenue, Flagler Beach, 10 a.m. to noon.
- Friday: Palm Coast City Hall, 160 Lake Avenue, 1 to 4 p.m.
- Sunday: Walmart, 174 Cypress Point Parkway, Palm Coast, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Jail Bookings and Last 24 Hours' Incidents in Flagler, Palm Coast, Flagler Beach, Bunnell
|Jail Bookings, June 19-22
Sheriff's night shift incident reports, June 21
Sheriff's day shift incident reports, June 21
Flagler Beach's night shift incident reports, June 21
Flagler Beach's day shift incident reports, June 21
Bunnell police's night shift incident reports, June 21
Bunnell police's day shift incident reports, June 21
Nightly lane closures on Florida Park Drive to begin Monday, July 16 and continuing until Friday night, July 20. The Palm Coast Utility Department will be closing one lane of Florida Park Drive — a segment at a time – from 10 p.m. to 7 a.m. nightly to allow for lining of the sanitary sewer system. The project will be done in rotating segments all along Florida Park Drive. Traffic control will be provided.
Garbage, recyclables & yard trash must be placed at curb no later than 6 a.m. Palm Coast reminds all residents to place their garbage, recyclables and yard trash at the curb no later than 6 a.m. on their scheduled pickup day. The city’s garbage collection contractor, Waste Pro, has recently changed the routing of some routes. With the summer heat, the re-routing will allow employees to focus on heavier volumes earlier in the day. With that, customers may see a change in the time of day their garbage is normally picked up. However, the days of collection (Monday-Thursday OR Tuesday-Friday, with yard trash on Wednesdays) is not changing. Issues with garbage service can be reported at that website, or by calling Customer Service at 386-986-2360.
MARIJUANA EDIBLES ON TABLE: The Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services will hold a meeting in Broward County about edible medical-marijuana products. The meeting will include discussion about processing requirements. (Tuesday, 9 a.m., Hurricane House, 3025 S.W. 70th Ave., Davie.)
ENROLLMENT NUMBERS ANALYZED: The Education Estimating Conference will discuss enrollment in pre-kindergarten through 12th grade in the state. (Tuesday, 9 a.m., 117 Knott Building, the Capitol.)
GOP AGRICULTURE COMMISSIONER CANDIDATES APPEAR: Republican candidates for agriculture commissioner are slated to appear at a meet-and-greet event in Hillsborough County. The GOP candidates are state Rep. Matt Caldwell, R-North Fort Myers; Sen. Denise Grimsley, R-Sebring; former Rep. Baxter Troutman, R-Winter Haven; and Mike McCalister. (Tuesday, 6:30 p.m., Plant City Women’s Club, 1110 North Wheeler St., Plant City.)
—-Compiled by the News Service of Florida and FlaglerLive
To include your event in this section, please fill out this form.
|The following is provided as a service to Community Cats of Palm Coast and the Flagler Humane Society. Should you have a lost pet and would like it noticed here, please contact us at [email protected].|
Keep Up with Donald Trump’s attacks on the press through the ACLU’s running tab here.
Keep Up with mass shootings in a running database here.
Here’s a summary of the latest city developments as of July 20, 2018, with a link to the full week in review here.
Yuja Wang Plays Liszt’s Sonata B minor
- Evgeny Kissin Plays Schumann’s Toccata Opus 7
- Beethoven : Piano concerto No.3 Performed by Alice Sara Ott at the Piano
- Kurt Atterberg: Suite No. 3, Op. 19 for violin, viola and string orchestra, Pantomime
- Kurt Atterberg: Sinfonia for Strings
- David Letterman First Ever Appearance On The Tonight show With Johnny Carson: 1978
- Andres Alen: Variations on a Theme By Milanes
- Stephen Heller, Etude Op 46, 11
- Constitutionally Speaking with Justice David Souter and Margaret Warner
- Agustin Barrios Mangore: David Russell Performs the 4th Waltz Op. 8
- A Few Bach Inventions
- Boris Berezovsky Plays the Chopin/Godowsky Etude in G flat major
- Stewart Goodyear: Beethoven’s Hammerklavier 4th movement
- Claude Bolling and Hubert Laws on the Johnny Carson Show
- Schumann’s Toccata, Op. 7, Performed by Evgeny Kissin
- Bach Cantata BWV 170, Clare Wilkinson, mezzosoprano
- Toru Takemitsu: Air for Solo Flute
- Martha Argerich Plays Piazzolla’s Oblivion
- Bach-Liszt: Organ Prelude and Fugue in A minor
- Leonard Bernstein: Young People’s Concerts Vol. 2 (Includes André Watts)
- Emerson Quartet, Contrapunctus 9 from Bach’s Art of Fugue
- Virginia Grand Military Band, Memorial Day Concert 2017