Today:Cooler. Mostly cloudy in the morning then becoming partly cloudy. Highs in the upper 50s. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Tonight: Partly cloudy. Lows in the lower 40s. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Details here.
Today’s document from the National Archives and the Astronomy Picture of the Day.
Today’s tides: at the beaches, at the Intracoastal Waterway.
Drought Index: 215
The OED’s Word of the day: pleroma, n.
The Live Community Calendar
Today’s jail bookings.
Today’s Briefing: Quick Links
- First Light
- In Flagler and Palm Coast
- Flagler Jail Bookings and Last 24 Hours of Incident Reports
- In State Government
- In Coming Days in Flagler, Palm Coast and Beyond
- Fact-Checking the Knaves
- Palm Coast Construction and Development
- Local Road and Interstate Construction
- Cultural Coda
“ Indeed, it was remarkable to discover that my British accent was often a journalistic asset. This must be what it’s like to be beautiful, I thought: people can’t help responding positively to you, even though you’ve done nothing to deserve it.”
–From Rebecca Meade’s “A New Citizen Decides to Leave the Tumult of Trump’s America,” The New Yorker, Aug. 20, 2018.
Note: all government meetings noticed below are free and open to the public unless otherwise indicated. Many can be heard or seen live through each agency’s website.
The Sheriff’s daily incident reports and jail bookings are posted here.
In Court: A status hearing is scheduled at 1:30 p.m. before Circuit Judge Terence Perkins in the cases of Michael Bowling, the 47-year-old Palm Coast man facing charges of molestation of 15-year-old girl during a sleep-over at her Bowling’s daughter’s house. Bowling also faces rape charges involving a girl in his charge, starting when she was 8 and going on for several years. That trial would take place next year. Jury selection begins Monday at 9 a.m. in Courtroom 401 at the Flagler County courthouse. See the background story here.
The Bunnell City Commission meets at 7 p.m. at City Hall, 201 West Moody Boulevard, Bunnell. The commission again hears an appeal of the decision of the Planning, Zoning and Appeals Board issued regarding the use of shipping containers as temporary buildings at 3360 Steel Rail Dr.
County Judge Melissa Moore-Stens visits 6th graders at Old Kings Elementary at 9 a.m.
The Flagler County Land Acquisition Committee meets at 3:30 p.m. in the First Floor Conference Room at the government Services Building, 1769 E Moody Blvd., Bldg 2, Bunnell. No agenda was posted online.
Rotary Club Annual Fantasy Lights Festival in Palm Coast’s Town Center’s Central Park, through New Year, every evening until 9 p.m. Free admission, with recommended donation to the Rotary Club, which makes the lights possible.
Blood Donations: The Big Red Bus will be at the following locations this week (schedule your donation by going to the website and entering a Palm Coast zip code, then locating one of the venues below):
- Monday: Hammock Beach Resort, 200 Ocean Crest Drive, Palm Coast, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Monday: Palm Coast government offices, 160 Lake Avenue, 1:30 to 4 p.m.
- Wednesday: Banfield Pet Hospital, Target Shopping Center, 5270, East Highway 100, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Wednesday: Flagler Department of Health, 301 Dr. Carter Boulevard, Bunnell, 2 to 5 p.m.
- Thursday: Starbucks in Target, Target shopping center, 5270, East Highway 100, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Thursday: Gamble Rogers Memorial State Recreation Area, 3100 South Oceanshore Boulevard, Flagler Beach, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Friday: Chick Fil A, 1000 Palm Coast Parkway, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Friday: Advance America Palm Coast, 800 Belle Terre Parkway, Palm Coast, 2 to 7 p.m.
- Sunday: Starbucks, Island Walk, 250 Palm Coast Parkway, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Jail Bookings and Last 24 Hours' Incidents in Flagler, Palm Coast, Flagler Beach, Bunnell
|Jail Bookings, June 19-22
Sheriff's night shift incident reports, June 21
Sheriff's day shift incident reports, June 21
Flagler Beach's night shift incident reports, June 21
Flagler Beach's day shift incident reports, June 21
Bunnell police's night shift incident reports, June 21
Bunnell police's day shift incident reports, June 21
In Florida and in State Government:
Note: Some proceedings below can be followed live on the Florida Channel. Most legislative proceedings can be followed through the Senate or House websites.
GORKA SPEAKS IN PALM BEACH: Former Trump administration official and political commentator Sebastian Gorka will appear at an event held by the Palm Beach County Trump Club. (Monday, 7 p.m., Palm Beach Kennel Club, 1111 North Congress Ave., West Palm Beach.)
COMMITTEE FINANCE REPORTS DUE: State political committees face a Monday deadline for filing reports showing finance activity through Nov. 30.
—-Compiled by the News Service of Florida and FlaglerLive
In Coming Days in Palm Coast, Flagler and the Occasional Beyond:
To include your event in this section, please fill out this form.
Keep Up with Donald Trump’s attacks on the press through the ACLU’s running tab here.
Keep Up with mass shootings in a running database here.
Palm Coast Construction and Development Progress Reports
Here’s a summary of the latest city developments as of Dec. 7, 2018, with a link to the full week in review here.
Click to access week-in-review-dec-9-2018-developments.pdf
Road and Interstate Construction:
Claude Bolling – Suite for Chamber Orchestra and Jazz Piano Trio: Gracieuse (Carlo Pari)
- Aldo Ciccolini Performs Brahms’s Intermezzo n.2 op.118
- Erik Bosgraaf in performance at Wilton’s Music Hall
- Erik Bosgraaf & the Stradivarius of the recorder
- Medtner : Sonata for Piano in A Minor Op. 38 n°1 “Reminiscenza” (Evgeny Svetlanov)
- Ferdinand Ries: Quartet in D minor
- Rossini: Sonata Nr. 1 in G Major
- Copland’s 3rd Symphony
- Zdenek Fibich: Poem Op. 41, No.4 from “At Twilight”
- Kuhlau: Sonatine No.1 in C Major, Op. 20
- Beethoven 33 Variations on a Waltz by Anton Diabelli Op 120, Gavin Arturo Gamboa, piano
- Philip Glass: American Four Seasons with violinist Robert McDuffie
- Elgar’s “Nimrod”: Daniel Barenboim with the Chicago Symphony Orchestra, 1997
- Valentina Lisitsa plays Liszt’s Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2
- Ravel : Piano Concerto in G major (Martha Argerich : Orchestre national de France)
- Schubert: Piano Sonata No.20 D.959 / Paul Badura-Skoda (1993)
- Antonio Vivaldi’s “Vedro con mio diletto” from Il Giustino by Jakub Józef Orliński
- Bill Evans Trio: Some Day My Prince Will Come (1965)
Leave a Reply