Today:: Partly cloudy. Chance of showers and thunderstorms in the morning, then showers and thunderstorms likely in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 80s. East winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 60 percent. Tonight: Mostly cloudy in the evening then becoming partly cloudy. A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the lower 70s. Southeast winds 5 mph. Details here.
Today’s document from the National Archives and the Astronomy Picture of the Day.
Today’s tides: at the beaches, at the Intracoastal Waterway.
Drought Index: 64
The OED’s Word of the Day: mafted, adj..
The Live Community Calendar
Today’s jail bookings.
Today’s Briefing: Quick Links
- First Light
- In Flagler and Palm Coast
- Flagler Jail Bookings and Last 24 Hours of Incident Reports
- In State Government
- Cats and Dogs Looking For Homes
- In Coming Days in Flagler, Palm Coast and Beyond
- Fact-Checking the Knaves
- Palm Coast Construction and Development
- Local Road and Interstate Construction
- Cultural Coda
“So, no, I think that if there are allegations based on questions or comments that I made in debate prep about Nafta, and about the continent versus the country when we talk about Africa there, then those were taken out of context. And that’s cruel and it’s mean-spirited, it’s immature, it’s unprofessional, and those guys are jerks, if they came away with it taking things out of context and then tried to spread something on national news. It is not fair and not right.”
–Sara Palin, quoted in a November 8, 2008 story in The New York Times. .
Note: all government meetings noticed below are free and open to the public unless otherwise indicated. Many can be heard or seen live through each agency’s website.
The Sheriff’s daily incident reports and jail bookings are posted here.
The Flagler County Purchasing Department Evaluation Committee meets to rank the oral presentations of the shortlisted firms for RSQ# 18-050Q, Design of Graham Swamp Trail & Pedestrian Bridge over SR 100., 2 p.m., Government Services Building, Financial Services Conference Room, 1769 E. Moody Blvd., Bldg 2 Bunnell.
US Navy Band “Cruisers,” a free 7 p.m. concert in Oceanfront Park on the North end of the Boardwalk amusement area and overlooks the Atlantic Ocean at 250 N. Atlantic Avenue in Daytona Beach. As the U.S. Navy’s premier contemporary entertainment ensemble, the Cruisers feature eight of the Navy’s most dynamic performers. Formed in 1999 as a specialty unit of the United States Navy Band, the Cruisers are under the leadership of drummer Senior Chief Musician Leon Alexander.
Staff members for U.S. Sen. Marco Rubio will hold “mobile” office hours in Volusia County, 2:30 p.m., Ormond Beach Library, 30 South Beach St., Ormond Beach.
- Friday: Quarterfinals: Uruguay v. France, 10 a.m. FS1 | Brazil v. Belgium, 2 p.m., FS1
See the full schedule here.
Blood Donations: The Big Red Bus will be at the following locations this week:
- Thursday: Aldi, 5095 State Road 100, Palm Coast, 1 to 6 p.m.
- Friday: Flagler Beach’s First Fridays, 105 South 2nd Street, 5:30 to 9 p.m.
- Saturday: Walmart, 174 Cypress Point Parkway, Palm Coast, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Sunday: Palm Coast Farmers’ Market at European Village, 101 Palm Harbor Parkway, 1 to 4 p.m.
Jail Bookings and Last 24 Hours' Incidents in Flagler, Palm Coast, Flagler Beach, Bunnell
|Jail Bookings, June 19-22
Sheriff's night shift incident reports, June 21
Sheriff's day shift incident reports, June 21
Flagler Beach's night shift incident reports, June 21
Flagler Beach's day shift incident reports, June 21
Bunnell police's night shift incident reports, June 21
Bunnell police's day shift incident reports, June 21
Take the Palm Coast Tech Assessment: Palm Coast is one of only a handful of cities in the entire state of Florida operating its own municipal broadband utility – with over 50 miles of fiber for high-speed internet. The City is currently looking at innovative ways to expand our fiber-optic network. As part of this effort, the City is asking local business owners and those that work from home to take the Palm Coast Tech Assessment. In just 15 minutes, the assessment will generate a customized report with technology opportunities available to you. Help Palm Coast pave the way for innovation by taking the survey here.
Community Education Summer B Classes: July 9 – August 18, 2018, Registration: June 25 – July 7, 2018: The class schedule for the 2018 SUMMER B term is now accessible here. Register NOW for the semester starting June 25. You may either register online at the link above or call (386) 446-6717. Join us to ensure the continuance of Community Education in Flagler County, and particularly the A1A center. Many classes need about eight students to be viable. Please see if there is a course that interests you. Both the A1A center and the Belle Terre center class locations are shown on the website.
In Florida and in State Government:
Note: Some proceedings below can be followed live on the Florida Channel. Most legislative proceedings can be followed through the Senate or House websites.
The Florida Supreme Court is scheduled to release its weekly opinions, 11 a.m.
—-Compiled by the News Service of Florida and FlaglerLive
In Coming Days in Palm Coast, Flagler and the Occasional Beyond:
To include your event in this section, please fill out this form.
Cats and Dogs Looking For Homes
|The following is provided as a service to Community Cats of Palm Coast and the Flagler Humane Society. Should you have a lost pet and would like it noticed here, please contact us at [email protected].|
Keep Up with Donald Trump’s attacks on the press through the ACLU’s running tab here.
Keep Up with mass shootings in a running database here.
Palm Coast Construction and Development Progress Reports
Here’s a summary of the latest city developments as of June 29, 2018, with a link to the full week in review here.
Click to access week-in-review-june-29-20181.pdf
Road and Interstate Construction:
Andres Alen: Variations on a Theme By Milanes
- Stephen Heller, Etude Op 46, 11
- Constitutionally Speaking with Justice David Souter and Margaret Warner
- Agustin Barrios Mangore: David Russell Performs the 4th Waltz Op. 8
- A Few Bach Inventions
- Boris Berezovsky Plays the Chopin/Godowsky Etude in G flat major
- Stewart Goodyear: Beethoven’s Hammerklavier 4th movement
- Claude Bolling and Hubert Laws on the Johnny Carson Show
- Schumann’s Toccata, Op. 7, Performed by Evgeny Kissin
- Bach Cantata BWV 170, Clare Wilkinson, mezzosoprano
- Toru Takemitsu: Air for Solo Flute
- Martha Argerich Plays Piazzolla’s Oblivion
- Bach-Liszt: Organ Prelude and Fugue in A minor
- Leonard Bernstein: Young People’s Concerts Vol. 2 (Includes André Watts)
- Emerson Quartet, Contrapunctus 9 from Bach’s Art of Fugue
- Virginia Grand Military Band, Memorial Day Concert 2017
- Bach’s English Suite in G Minor BWV 808, Zoltan Fejervari, Miami Beach
- The Dangers of Sitting
- Glenn Gould’s U.S. Television Debut: Bernstein Conducting Bach’s Keyboard Concerto No. 1 in D minor
- Jean Baptiste Singelée: Septième Solo de Concert, Op. 93
Nice site of Sheriff Staly horse riding the parade!! Thank you Sheriff for all the hard work you do to keep us safe!! Your fight against drug epidemic and supporting our community is outstanding! Thank you again!