Active older adults can now sign up for the second annual Palm Coast & the Flagler Beaches Senior Games – offering competition in 14 sports. The Senior Games, presented by Florida Hospital Flagler Health Partners, Orthopedic & Sports Medicine, will be held Sept. 12 to 19.
The Seniors Games are open to men and women ages 50 and up. Registration is $15 and includes a T-shirt and participation in one sports event; participation in each additional sports event is $5. Competition is offered in eight different age categories. “The tradition of the Senior Games is to offer fun, fellowship, fitness and competition, and that is a perfect match for Palm Coast and our surrounding community with our area’s emphasis on active lifestyle and recreation,” said Palm Coast Director of Parks & Recreation Luanne Santangelo. “Please join us in making our second annual Palm Coast & the Flagler Beaches Senior Games even bigger and better than last year’s.” To register, visit www.palmcoastgov.com/seniorgames for the registration form. Mail the form with payment to Palm Coast Parks & Recreation, attn.: Senior Games Coordinator Ginger Parnell, 305 Palm Coast Parkway NE, Palm Coast, FL 32137. Or drop it off Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., at the Palm Coast Community Center, 305 Palm Coast Parkway NE, or email it to [email protected]. Checks should be payable to: City of Palm Coast. Eleven of the 14 sports being offered in the local Senior Games this year are sanctioned by the Florida Sports Foundation, with the Palm Coast & the Flagler Beaches Senior Games serving as a qualifier for the Florida Senior Games State Championships.
This year’s Palm Coast & the Flagler Beaches Senior Games sanctioned events are:
· Archery: Sept. 19; at Indian Trails Middle School fields, 5505 Belle Terre Pkwy., Palm Coast
· 5K Road Race: Sept. 12; at the Palm Coast Community Center, 305 Palm Coast Pkwy. NE, Palm Coast
· Basketball: Date to be announced; at Flagler Palm Coast High School 5500 E. State Road 100, Palm Coast
· Horseshoes: Sept. 16; at Old Dixie Community Park on North Old Dixie Highway, Bunnell
· Softball: Sept. 12-19; at Flagler County Ball Fields, 2298 Sawgrass Road, Bunnell
· Pickleball: Sept. 17; at Belle Terre Park Tennis Center, 339 Parkview Drive, Palm Coast
· Tennis: Sept. 14-15; at Palm Coast Tennis Center, 1290 Belle Terre Pkwy., Palm Coast
· Table Tennis: Date to be announced; at Flagler Palm Coast High School, 5500 E. State Road 100, Palm Coast
· Indoor Volleyball: Date to be announced; at Flagler Palm Coast High School, 5500 E. State Road 100, Palm Coast
· Golf: Sept. 16; at Palm Harbor Golf Club, at 20 Palm Harbor Drive, Palm Coast
· Cycling: Sept. 13; at Wadsworth Park, 101-145 Connecticut Ave., Flagler Beach
Additional, non-sanctioned events in the competition include:
· Ballroom Dancing: Sept. 13; at Matanzas High School Pirate Theater, 3535 Old Kings Road North, Palm Coast (Waltz, Foxtrot, Tango, Swing, Rumba and Cha Cha)
· Powerlifting (Ages 18+): Sept. 12; at Matanzas High School Field House, 3535 Old Kings Road North, Palm Coast
· Golf Croquet: Sept. 12; at Ralph Carter Park, 1385 Rymfire Drive, Palm Coast
For more information, visit www.palmcoastgov.com/seniorgames or call Palm Coast Parks & Recreation at 386-986-2323.