Today:Partly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the lower 90s. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph. Partly cloudy. Lows in the mid 70s. South winds 5 to 10 mph. Details here.
Today’s document from the National Archives and the Astronomy Picture of the Day.
Today’s tides: at the beaches, at the Intracoastal Waterway.
Drought Index: 12
The OED’s Word of the Day: meeth, adj..
The Live Community Calendar
Today’s jail bookings.
Today’s Briefing: Quick Links
- First Light
- In Flagler and Palm Coast
- Flagler Jail Bookings and Last 24 Hours of Incident Reports
- In State Government
- Cats and Dogs Looking For Homes
- In Coming Days in Flagler, Palm Coast and Beyond
- Fact-Checking the Knaves
- Palm Coast Construction and Development
- Local Road and Interstate Construction
- Cultural Coda
Note: all government meetings noticed below are free and open to the public unless otherwise indicated. Many can be heard or seen live through each agency’s website.
The Sheriff’s daily incident reports and jail bookings are posted here.
The Flagler County Commission is expected to discuss a likely property tax increase at a 9 a.m. budget workshop at the Emergency Operations Center, 1769 E. Moody Blvd., Bldg. 3, Training Room B, Bunnell.
The Bunnell City Commission meets at 7 p.m. at City Hall, 201 West Moody Boulevard, City Commission Chambers, Building 3, Bunnell, when it may appoint its next manager following two rounds of interviews with four candidates. The commission will also be holding at 6 p.m. workshop to hear a presentation from its finance department.
Indivisible Flagler hosts a potluck from noon to 4 p.m. at the home of Pat Ferraro, 208 John Anderson Highway, Flagler Beach. Pulled pork will be provided as the main dish. Please bring your favorite salad, casserole or dessert to share. Lemonade and Iced Tea, paper products and utensils will also be provided. You can bring an alcoholic beverage if you’d like something a bit stronger. Please RSVP with your dish by June 25 to Pat Ferraro pf[email protected] or Eva Marie Chavis [email protected].
Road closure planned on County Road 205 starting Today: Flager County Public Works Department is planning temporary road and lane closures, as it upgrades culverts, widens, and resurfaces County Road 205. County Road 205, June 25 to July 13 – will be closed west of Espanola and CR13. A southerly detour will run along US Route 1 and State Road 100. Intermittent single-lane closures will continue on CR 205 in the coming months. Flagmen and signage will be in place to assist with traffic flow. For more information, call Flagler County Public Works at 386-313-4006.
The Education and Social Justice Conference is in the third of its three-day multi-disciplinary conference. Hosted by Bethune-Cookman University, the conference focuses on judicial sentencing disparities, wealth disparities, school safety, ethics, media representation and other topics.
- Monday: Saudi Arabia v. Egypt, 10 a.m. FS1 | Uruguay v. Russia, 10 a.m. Fox | Iran v. Portugal, 2 p.m. Fox | Spain v. Morocco, 2 p.m. FS1
- Tuesday: Australian v. Peru, 10 a.m. FS1 | Denmark v. France, 10 a.m. Fox | Nigeroa v. Argentina, 2 p.m. Fox | Iceland v. Croatia, 2 p.m. FS1
- Wednesday: S. Korea v. Germany, 10 a.m. FS1 | Mexico v. Sweden, 10 a.m. Fox | Switzerland v. Croatia, 2 p.m. FS1 | Serbia v. Brazil, 2 p.m. Fox |
- Thursday: Japan v. Poland, 10 a.m. FS1 | Senegal v. Colombia, 10 a.m. Fox | Panama v. Tunisia, 2 p.m. FS1 | England v. Belgium, 2 p.m. Fox
- Friday: No matches.
- Saturday: Quarterfinals.
- Sunday: Quarterfinals.
See the full schedule here.
Blood Donations: The Big Red Bus will be at the following locations this week:
- Monday: Flagler County Library, 2500 Palm Coast Parkway, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Tuesday: Florida Hospital Flagler, 60 Memorial Medical Parkway, 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Thursday: Metro Diner, 250 Palm Coast Parkway (Island Walk), 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Friday: Walmart, 174 Cypress Point Parkway, Palm Coast, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Jail Bookings and Last 24 Hours' Incidents in Flagler, Palm Coast, Flagler Beach, Bunnell
|Jail Bookings, June 19-22|
Sheriff's night shift incident reports, June 21
Sheriff's day shift incident reports, June 21
Flagler Beach's night shift incident reports, June 21
Flagler Beach's day shift incident reports, June 21
Bunnell police's night shift incident reports, June 21
Bunnell police's day shift incident reports, June 21
DEADLINE FOR CCRC APPLICANTS: Candidates to become capital collateral regional counsels for the Northern, Middle, and Southern districts of Florida face a 5 p.m. Monday deadline to apply to the Florida Supreme Court Judicial Nominating Commission. The so-called CCRCs represent Death Row inmates.
—-Compiled by the News Service of Florida and FlaglerLive
To include your event in this section, please fill out this form.
|The following is provided as a service to Community Cats of Palm Coast and the Flagler Humane Society. Should you have a lost pet and would like it noticed here, please contact us at [email protected].|
Keep Up with Donald Trump’s attacks on the press through the ACLU’s running tab here.
Keep Up with mass shootings in a running database here.
Here’s a summary of the latest city developments as of June 15, 2018, with a link to the full week in review here.
A Few Bach Inventions
- Boris Berezovsky Plays the Chopin/Godowsky Etude in G flat major
- Stewart Goodyear: Beethoven’s Hammerklavier 4th movement
- Claude Bolling and Hubert Laws on the Johnny Carson Show
- Schumann’s Toccata, Op. 7, Performed by Evgeny Kissin
- Bach Cantata BWV 170, Clare Wilkinson, mezzosoprano
- Toru Takemitsu: Air for Solo Flute
- Martha Argerich Plays Piazzolla’s Oblivion
- Bach-Liszt: Organ Prelude and Fugue in A minor
- Leonard Bernstein: Young People’s Concerts Vol. 2 (Includes André Watts)
- Emerson Quartet, Contrapunctus 9 from Bach’s Art of Fugue
- Virginia Grand Military Band, Memorial Day Concert 2017
- Bach’s English Suite in G Minor BWV 808, Zoltan Fejervari, Miami Beach
- The Dangers of Sitting
- Glenn Gould’s U.S. Television Debut: Bernstein Conducting Bach’s Keyboard Concerto No. 1 in D minor
- Jean Baptiste Singelée: Septième Solo de Concert, Op. 93
- Telemann’s Fantasia No. 1 in A Major for solo flute, Performed by Kristen Stoner
- Frédéric Chopin: Piano Concerto No. 1 in E Minor, Olga Scheps, piano
- Bechara el-Khoury: Forgotten Fragments
- The Violins of Hope: Amnon’s journey
- Chanticleer Sings Shenandoah
- Bottesini Gran Duo for double bass and violin
- Schubert’s “Der Lindenbaum,” “Im Frühling”: Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau and Gerald Moore
- Schumann: Sonata for Violin and Piano no 1 in A minor, Op. 105 (Yoojin Jang)