Today:: Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 80s inland…in the lower 80s coast. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph. Tonight: Mostly clear. Lows in the lower 60s. East winds 5 mph. Details here.
Today’s document from the National Archives and the Astronomy Picture of the Day.
Today’s tides: at the beaches, at the Intracoastal Waterway.
Drought Index: 159
The OED’s Word of the Day: otacust, n..
The Live Community Calendar
Today’s jail bookings.
Today’s Briefing: Quick Links
- First Light
- In Flagler and Palm Coast
- Flagler Jail Bookings and Last 24 Hours of Incident Reports
- Summer Camps
- In State Government
- Cats and Dogs Looking For Homes
- In Coming Days in Flagler, Palm Coast and Beyond
- Fact-Checking the Knaves
- Palm Coast Construction and Development
- Local Road and Interstate Construction
- Cultural Coda
Note: all government meetings noticed below are free and open to the public unless otherwise indicated. Many can be heard or seen live through each agency’s website.
The Sheriff’s daily incident reports and jail bookings are posted here.
Free Skywarn Storm Spotter class at 6 p.m. at Flagler’s Emergency Operations Center, 1769 E Moody Blvd., Building # 3. Flagler County Emergency Services and the National Weather Service host the free class, with Cindy Elsenheimer, meteorologist and senior forecaster with the National Weather Service. Class will cover everything from cloud formations to thunderstorm development to visual predictions. Those who participate in the class are eligible to become volunteer storm spotters and assist Emergency Services and the National Weather Service by reporting potentially hazardous weather events. Registration is required, and can be done by calling Pickering at 386-313-4250, or by email at [email protected].
Florida Park Drive Detour: Florida Park Drive is closed from Flarestone Court to Forest Hill Drive. The detour is expected to be in place for at least three days. The unexpected road closure was needed after a gravity sewer line collapsed overnight Monday during a Utility project. The Utility Department is setting up a bypass pumping system and a dewatering system that will be in place while repairs are made. The city will be tank-trucking the wastewater system in that area until the bypass pumps are set up. For more information, call the city’s customer-service line at 386-986-2360.
Staff members for U.S. Sen. Marco Rubio will hold mobile office hours in Flagler and St. Johns counties, at 10 a.m. at the Flagler County Main Library, 2500 Palm Coast Parkway and at 1 p.m. at the St. Johns County Council on Aging Riverhouse, 180 Marine St., St. Augustine.
Blood Donations: The Big Red Bus will be at the following locations this week:
- Friday: Chick Fil A, 1000 Palm Coast Parkway, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Saturday: Bealls, 1210 Palm Coast Parkway, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday: Epic Theatres, Palm Coast’s Town Center, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Jail Bookings and Last 24 Hours' Incidents in Flagler, Palm Coast, Flagler Beach, Bunnell
|Jail Bookings, June 19-22|
Sheriff's night shift incident reports, June 21
Sheriff's day shift incident reports, June 21
Flagler Beach's night shift incident reports, June 21
Flagler Beach's day shift incident reports, June 21
Bunnell police's night shift incident reports, June 21
Bunnell police's day shift incident reports, June 21
The Online auction to benefit the G.W. Carver Center in Bunnell is now open. Art Work, Local Experiences, Restaurant Gift Cards, Baskets, FCYC Summer Camp Registration & Trip Specials, Window Cleaning, Kayaking Tour, Furniture, World Wide Time Share, Camping Rentals, and the list goes on and on. The purpose of the auction is to raise money to go back into the development of the Carver Center. The Flagler County School Board and Flagler County Government have both owned and managed the facility over the years. Due to budgetary constraints it appeared it would be necessary to close the facility in 2010. A coalition was born to save the Gym and restore it as a community center. Our foundation was created to serve this facility with grant funding and equipment/supply needs. In order to participate in this auction you must register for a bidder account here. On the last day of the auction if a bidder submits a bid in the last 3 minutes before auction closes that item will extend for another 3 minutes and that process will repeat for up to a half hour the official close. Go bid here. If you have any questions please contact us via email at [email protected]
At the Florida Agricultural Museum: Our two new Fantastic Summer Camp Programs with Cathy Tallacksen, Instructor. Pioneer Life Ways, and Native American Traditions. 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday, four sessions available, $200 per week. Sibling discount, $175. Hurry and sign your child up HERE: https://form.jotform.com/80727305907964 and click here to see the full poster.
CABINET AIDES MEET: Aides to Gov. Rick Scott, Attorney General Pam Bondi, Agriculture Commissioner Adam Putnam and state Chief Financial Officer Jimmy Patronis will meet to discuss issues in advance of a May 15 state Cabinet meeting. While an agenda has not been posted, a request by Patronis for lobbying rules for Citizens Property Insurance Corp. could go before the aides. (Wednesday, 9 a.m., Cabinet meeting room, the Capitol.)
PAROLE CASES CONSIDERED: The Florida Commission on Offender Review will take up a series of parole-related cases. (Wednesday, 9 a.m., 4070 Esplanade Way, Tallahassee.)
CONSTITUTION REVISION COMMISSION AT ISSUE: Florida Constitution Revision Commission members Jeanette Nunez, Frank Kruppenbacher and Brecht Heuchan are slated to speak to the Tiger Bay Club of Central Florida. The commission, which meets every 20 years, recently approved placing eight proposed constitutional amendments on the November ballot. (Wednesday, noon, Country Club of Orlando, 1601 Country Club Dr., Orlando.)
CRAB FISHERIES AT ISSUE: The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission will hold one in a series of public workshops about issues related to stone-crab and blue-crab fisheries. The agency is considering a requirement that crab traps be affixed with an FWC-issued tag number. (Wednesday, 6 p.m., Crystal River City Hall, 123 N.W. Highway 19, Crystal River.)
—-Compiled by the News Service of Florida and FlaglerLive
|The following is provided as a service to Community Cats of Palm Coast and the Flagler Humane Society. Should you have a lost pet and would like it noticed here, please contact us at [email protected].|
To include your event in this section, please fill out this form.
Keep Up with Donald Trump’s attacks on the press through the ACLU’s running tab here.
Keep Up with mass shootings in a running database here.
Here’s a summary of the latest city developments as of May 4, 2018, with a link to the full week in review here.
Bechara el-Khoury: Forgotten Fragments
- The Violins of Hope: Amnon’s journey
- Chanticleer Sings Shenandoah
- Bottesini Gran Duo for double bass and violin
- Schubert’s “Der Lindenbaum,” “Im Frühling”: Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau and Gerald Moore
- Schumann: Sonata for Violin and Piano no 1 in A minor, Op. 105 (Yoojin Jang)
- Emmanuel Chabrier’s España Rhapsody For Orchestra
- Yuja Wang plays Schubert-Liszt (D 774)
- Nina Simone: Take Me To The Water
- Frank Peter Zimmermann: Bach and Me
- Jorge Bolet: Master Class On Rachmaninoff’s Piano Conceto No. 3
- Friedrich Gulda: So What, A Portrait (2002, with English subtitles)
- Dvořák’s Serenade for Strings: Netherlands Chamber Orchestra
- Kabalevsky Piano Concerto Nr. 3, Eric Lin, piano MusicaNova Warren Cohen
- Bach’s St. Matthew Passion, the Herreweghe Interpretation
- Bach’s Magnificat: The Monteverdi Choir
- András Schiff explains Bach
- Glenn Gould talks about J S Bach
- Bach revisited – John Eliot Gardiner in Saxony and Thuringia
- Ton Koopman in the footsteps of J.S. Bach in Leipzig
- A Buxtehude Fugue
- Andras Schiff Plays Bach’s Complete Well Tempered Clavier, Book One
- Andras Schiff Plays Bach’s Complete English Suites
- Keith Jarrett, Late Solo
- Jacqueline du Pré Perform’s Dvořák Cello Concerto With the LSO and Daniel Barenboim
- Beethoven’s Triple Concerto, with Yo-Yo Ma, Itzhak Perlman and Daniel Barenboim