| June 14, 2012

Sarah Jean Namdar-Yeganeh. (Facebook)

Last Updated: 4:46 p.m.

3:28 p.m. Update: Sarah Jean Namdar-Yeganeh’s condition was changed from serious to critical subsequent to the wreck she was involved in Wednesday afternoon in Palm Coast.

Namdar-Yeganeh, 28, is the daughter of Flagler County School Superintendent Janet Valentine, who was on her way to a superintendent association meeting in Tampa when she got word of the wreck. Valentine has been at her daughter’s bedside since, where she will remain “for an undetermined amount of time,” Sabrina Crosby, a district official, said today, describing Namdar-Yeganeh’s condition as “critical but stable.” Namdar-Yeganeh suffered several broken bones and was in surgery today at Halifax Hospital. She has been in an induced coma since.

Valentine, Crosby said in a release, has requested privacy. “She appreciates everyone’s concern and ask that you please honor her request for privacy at this most difficult time,” Crosby wrote.

Today’s earlier story is below.

Sarah Jean Namdar-Yeganeh, 28, Facing Several Charges After 2-Vehicle I-95 Wreck

When she recovers from her injuries from a wreck she provoked on I-95 in Palm Coast Wednesday afternoon, Sarah Jean Namdar-Yeganeh, 28, a resident of South Central Avenue in Flagler Beach, will face a slew of charges, including reckless driving, driving with a suspended license, driving without a seat belt on, and driving with faulty equipment (the car’s tires were worn down), according to a Florida Highway Patrol report.

Namdar-Yeganeh was speeding north on I-95 just after 5 p.m. Wednesday. She was in the right lane, at the wheel of a 1997 Saturn. About two miles south of State Road 100, she drove up too fast toward another car, a 2008 Nissan Altima driven by Melody Travers, 55, of Palm Coast. Namdar-Yeganeh swerved to the right to try to avoid the Altima, but Namdar-Yeganeh’s left-front bumper struck struck Travers’s right rear bumper, sending the Saturn onto the right shoulder.

The Saturn first struck a call box at mile marker 281, then swerved back onto I-95, crossed all three lanes, struck the center guard rail, and began flipping several times, according to the FHP report. Namdar-Yeganeh was ejected through a window, and landed on the paved portion of I-95′s median. She sustained serious injuries. She was transported to Halifax Hospital in Daytona Beach.

Travers’s Altima sustained $3,000 in damages. Travers herself was not injured. Neither driver had passengers.

It’s not Namdar-Yeganeh’s first driving-related offense. In May 2009, she was booked into the Flagler County jail on charges of driving on a suspended or revoked license, and of possessing a controlled substance.

The Saturn, after the fact. Click on the image for larger view. (© FlaglerLive)

Namdar-Yaganeh was ejected through the window. Click on the image for larger view. (© FlaglerLive)

Click on the image for larger view. (© FlaglerLive)

Click on the image for larger view. (© FlaglerLive)

24 Responses for “Sarah Namdar-Yeganeh, 28, Flagler School Superintendent’s Daughter, in Critical Condition”

1. elaygee says:

She will not stop no matter what we do except for incarcerating her.

2. Flagler Beach says:

Once again Flagler County owns another winner!

• dawn e says:

my prayers are with janet, george, and anna and sarah too. dont listen to some of these comments because we all know sarah is a great person. so if you dont have anything nice to write dont write anything at all. love you guys

3. PC Concerned says:

She passed by me around the Old Dixie exit on 95 and almost took me out. She rode my bumper because I couldnt get over due to a truck in the right lane. I slowed down and she swerved passed me.

4. Ella says:

How about a prayer for Mrs. Valentine’s family…

5. Outsider says:

Wow….nice people here. To George and Janet, may God watch over you all and help you get through this, and may your daughter make a complete recovery.

6. Kimble Medley says:

Thoughts and prayers for the Valentine family and Ms. Travers. Although she, Travers, was not injured, I’m sure she was shaken.

7. Frances says:

My thoughts and prayers are with Superintendent Valentine and her family.

8. FB Insider says:

She put countless lives at risk because of her actions. I wish no harm on anyone, but hard to shed tears for those who disregard others’ safety.

9. cutie pie says:

GET WELL SOON SARAH! Mr. & Mrs. Valentine stay strong! Im glad no one else was injured.

I hope this young lady recovers soon and gets rehab.

• confused says:

Why do you say rehab? Are you referring to drug/alcohol rehab? I’m confused. She wasn’t under the influence when she had this accident and it doesn’t state anywhere in the article that she was under the influence or even suspected of being under the influence. The only mention of of any drug/alcohol related information was in regards to a possession charge from 2009… 3 years ago.

11. flaglerguy says:

Yeah, ‘controlled substances’ tend to make people drive eratically. Unfortunately, it seems as though the entire county is on something…and when I’m being tailgated I just assume the idiot behind me is on speed or something. It’s not like they are running late for work or anything like that.

• applesandoranges says:

nowhere in the article does it state that she was driving under the influence of a controlled substance. this was a horrible accident and i pray sarah recovers quickly. people make mistakes in life but the majority learn from those mistakes. her mistake was 3 years ago. if flaglerlive didn’t put her criminal background in the article, i’m betting the majority of comments wouldn’t be what they are right now.

• PCRES says:

She was driving aggressively…that is the major problem here. I saw the accident. I feel for her family…but there is absolutely NO excuse for putting other peoples lives at risk. Once again I wish her family peace and a full recovery for Sarah.

12. PCRES says:

I was on I 95 on Wednesday and witnessed the entire horrific accident. I am still shaken and haunted at the fact that I saw Sarah on the tarmac after she had been ejected from her car. That sight will be with me forever. My thoughts are with her and her family, and I sincerely wish her a full recovery…however…her actions did put many lives at risk, especially considering the fact that it occurred at 5.15pm. I hope that this accident encourages everyone to wear their seat belts, and keep their distance from other cars. I 95 is a nightmare of a road, and out of respect for our own safety and the safety of others, KEEP OUR DISTANCE from other cars and quit the aggressive driving that I witness far too often. Considering the circumstances I feel that Sarah is an extremely lucky young lady…firstly that she was not struck by other vehicles (of which there were many), and secondly that she lived after being ejected from her vehicle. If anyone has seen the pictures of her car after the accident, it is quite evident that she would have been less severely injured had she been wearing her seat belt. Once again my thoughts are with Sarah and her family, and I wish her a full and speedy recovery.

13. jenifer lopez says:

we shall pray

14. thomas reifinger says:

She is my girlfriend keep your mean comments to yourself!!! It was a accident.

15. THE VOICE OF REASON says:

What many of you may not realize is that Sara is a disabled veteran. The vehicle she was driving in Iraq several years ago ran over a roadside bomb, and according to Sara, she was the only survivor.

But she was injured to the point that she is on 100 percent veteran’s disability and a cocktail of very powerful medications for her injuries. When the mix is right, Sara is fun to be around. When the mix is off, things like this are possible.

Yes, she shouldn’t have been driving with a suspended license and impaired judgement. But she did suffer an awful lot in service to her country.

So maybe you can cut her a break.