To include your event in the Briefing and Live Calendar, please fill out this form.
Weather: Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers. Not as cool with highs in the upper 60s. Northeast winds around 5 mph, becoming southwest in the afternoon. Thursday Night: Mostly cloudy. A slight chance of showers in the evening, then a chance of showers after midnight. Not as cool with lows in the mid 50s. West winds around 5 mph. Chance of rain 30 percent.See the daily weather briefing from the National Weather Service in Jacksonville here.
Today at a Glance:
Drug Court convenes before Circuit Judge Terence Perkins at 10 a.m. in Courtroom 401 at the Flagler County courthouse, Kim C. Hammond Justice Center 1769 E Moody Blvd, Bldg 1, Bunnell. Drug Court is open to the public. See the Drug Court handbook here and the participation agreement here.
School Board’s and Other Local Governments’ Interlocal Agenda Working Group Meeting, Room 3A, 3rd floor, Government Services Building, 1769 East Moody Boulevard, Bunnell, 1 p.m.
Nature Walks with Urban Forester Carol: Join City of Palm Coast Urban Forester Carol for a fun and enlightening adventure through two of Palm Coast’s most popular parks. Today: Linear Park, 10 a.m.
In Coming Days:
January 19 Matinee: A Journey from Bach to Beethoven at the Jacksonville Symphony, 11 a.m., at Jacoby Symphony Hall, Times-Union Center for the Performing Arts, 300 Water Street, Suite 200, Jacksonville. Take a ride through the ages from the music of Bach to Beethoven, stopping to check out Haydn and Mozart along the way. Beginning with the unforgettable opening notes of Beethoven’s Fifth, you’ll also experience Bach’s “Air on a G String” and travel from Beethoven’s First to his Ninth. Mix and mingle with coffee, tea and cookies while enjoying the stirring music of our Coffee Series concerts, which feature a wide variety of abbreviated performances from select classical and pops concert programs. Tickets $23-$44. Book here.
Help Night is open to the public, free to attend, and will offer assistance with obtaining the following services:
- Resources on Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten, Help Me Grow, and more from the Early Learning Coalition
- Autism screening and Early Steps program information from Easterseals
- Health Marketplace information from Flagler Cares’ certified Navigator Information on Flagler Cares’ Behavioral Health Program and the Coordinated Opioid Recovery (CORe) initiative
- Medicaid/SNAP on-site application assistance provided by Flagler Cares
- On-site Legal Consultation provided by Florida Legal Services
- Information on services offered by Flagler County Human Services
- Flagler Department of Health Diabetes Clinic and Smoking Cessation Information
- Tablet program – free tablets for eligible applicants; must bring a valid ID, $11 one-time activation fee, and at least one of the following:
Medicaid Food stamps
Section 8 Low income (SSI letter, 1099, W2)
January 24: Daytona State College is hosting Welcome Back! events for students, faculty and staff at the Flagler/Palm Coast campus, Awning Area, 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
View this profile on Instagram
The Live Calendar is a compendium of local and regional political, civic and cultural events. You can input your own calendar events directly onto the site as you wish them to appear (pending approval of course). To include your event in the Live Calendar, please fill out this form.
For the full calendar, go here.