| September 14, 2012

John Robinson's fatal wreck took place on U.S. 1, half a mile north of Kankakee Trail. Click on the image for larger view.

John Robinson’s fatal wreck took place on U.S. 1, half a mile north of Kankakee Trail. Click on the image for larger view.

Another motorcycle wreck has claimed the life of a man on Flagler County roads, the third such fatality in a row in six weeks, and the second on U.S. 1, south of Bunnell.

John Michael Robinson, 33, of Palm Coast, was traveling north on U.S. 1 in the left lane, according to a Florida Highway Patrol report. It was 20 minutes after midnight this morning (Sept. 14) when, about half a mile north of Kankakee Trail, something went wrong. For unknown reasons, Robinson veered off the highway and onto the grass median. He tried to reenter the left lane, but lost control, and the motorcycle overturned, the report states.

Robinson was ejected and came to a rest in the median, the motorcycle continuing north for a short distance.

Robinson, a  teacher at Wyotech, the automotive trade school in Daytona Beach, was piloting a 2008 Harley Davidson FLH. The report does not specify whether he was wearing a helmet, but notes results of an alcohol analysis are pending.

The afternoon of Labor Day, a short distance south of this morning’s wreck, John Melvin, 56, of Bunnell, was killed when he lost control of his motorcycle. And on On Aug. 1, Pedro Riera, 48, of Palm Coast, was killed when he struck a car with his Harley Davidson on White View Parkway in Palm Coast.

12 Responses for “John M. Robinson, 33, Killed in Motorcycle Wreck on US1, Third Bike Fatality in a Row”

1. R.I.P….Prayers for the family

2. Jakob says:

John was my favorite teacher at Wyotech… Coolest guy ever, I saluted him and sai goodbye yesterday, sad that it was a last goodbye
    What a great guy
    Rest in peace John!
    -Mr late!

3. John says:

Good bye John. I’m a better person for knowing you

4. Alecia Smith says:

we love you John !!!! miss you already .Im glad we got to talk last night . didnt think it would be the last goodbye though .R.I.P. my friend

5. Sadden says:

My prayers go out to his family. I really didn’t know John, but I knew his kids. Those poor babies. May god bless them n keep them safe. I’m so sadden, just saw him yesterday picking his kids u rom school. Can’t believe it.

6. James says:

Great Guy and family man , Always joking around and making people laugh..
    Sometime known as ” Peg leg mike ” (because he only had one leg)
    He was a fun guy to be around and loved Old Car’s , Old Bikes & Old music .. Big on the 1950’s he’s one of a kind and will be missed.. R.I.P. Our prayers go out to his wife and two kids.. glad to have been able too have known him..

7. Miss.Kiki says:

R.I.P My prayers go out to the family

8. Sigman says:

Mike touched many people in his life and i feel lucky to be one of those people. i love you brother and i will miss you dearly. i pray for his family and hope the giant network of friends will come together and help his family through this tragic loss. RIP buddy.

9. Ben Blakely says:

It appears that Harley Davidson motorcycles are the usual bike that is involved, or is the cause of most accidents.

10. Pono says:

R.I.P. John. I am honored to have known you. You have been an inspiration to many. A friend to all and a teacher to me. Thank you for share your time with us.
    Ride easy brother.

To the Robinson Family, Much Love and Aloha.

11. Jason says:

I had the pleasure of working with John for a short time. He was one of the coolest people I ever met. He was a very good kind hearted man. Loved his family & friends & would do any thing within his power to help them. My sincerest condolences to him & his family. R.I.P. bro