also varied by the age of inmates,” the analysis found. “Inmates age 24 or younger had the highest rate of mental health problems and those age 55 or older had the lowest rate.”
- Police-mental health collaborations and training for law enforcement officials on safely resolving encounters with people experiencing a mental health crises;
- Diversion and alternative sentencing programs;
- Cross-training for criminal justice, mental health and substance use treatment personnel;
- Enhancing access to community-based healthcare services and coverage;
- Community supervision and reentry services; and
- Case management and other direct services.