The Flagler Beach City Commission meets at 5:30 p.m. at City Hall, 105 South 2nd Street, following a 4:30 meeting with the commission sitting as the Community Redevelopment Agency Board. The commission will consider updating its animal ordinance. Full agendas and minutes are accessible here.
The full agenda is as follows:
1. Call the meeting to order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance followed by a moment of silence to honor our Veterans, Members of the Armed Forces and First Responders.
3. Proclamations and Awards.
4. Deletions and Changes to the Agenda.
5. Comments regarding items not on the agenda. Citizens are encouraged to speak. However, comments should be limited to three minutes.
6. Approve the Minutes of the Regular Meeting of November 14, 2019.
7. Approve the 2020 Commission Meeting Schedule and the 2020 Holiday Schedule – Penny Overstreet, City Clerk.
8. Award Bid No. FB-2019-2509 for Janitorial Services Mari Cleaning for U in the amount of $49,995.00 – Larry Newsom, City Manager.
9. Approve and Interlocal Agreement between the Flagler County Supervisor of Elections and the City of Flagler beach for the 2020 Municipal Election and authorize the mayor to sign same – Penny Overstreet, City Clerk.
10. Receive an end of year update from the Economic Development Task Force, and take action on Committee requests – Joseph Pozzuoli, Committee Chair.
11. Consider closing City Hall on December 23rd to follow Flagler County’s closure schedule – Larry Newsom, City Manager.
12. Commission comments, including reports from meetings attended.
13. Application SPEX#19-12-01 a request for a Special Exception Use to construct a single family residence in the Tourist Commercial Zoning District as provided for in the Land Development Regulations Section 2.04.02.8, Zoning Schedule One Land Use Controls. The property in question is identified by the Flagler County Property Appraiser as Parcel ID # 18-12-32-2750-00020-0110- and physically addressed at 1940 S. Ocean Shore Blvd. Flagler Beach, Florida 32136 – Applicant Stoughton & Duran Custom Homes.
14. Ordinance 2019-18, an ordinance of the City Commission of the City of Flagler Beach, Florida, providing for the amendment of the Official Zoning Map as previously established in Section 2.03.03. – Zoning Map of the Land Development Regulations of the City of Flagler Beach, Florida, as amended and supplemented; amending the Official Zoning Map for 7.5 +/- acres of certain real property described as tax parcel number 11-12-31-0385-00000-0010 and tax parcel number 11-12-31-0650-000A0-0071 from Highway Commercial (HC) and Planned Unit Development (PUD) to General Commercial (GC), and being more particularly described in the attached exhibit ‘A”; providing for conflict and an effective date – first reading.
15. Ordinance 2019-19, an ordinance of the City of Flagler Beach, Florida amending Chapter 5, “Animals,” Section 5-11, “Cruelty to Animals;” amending the standards and requirements related to tethering of dogs and care of pets; providing for codification; providing for repeal of all conflicting ordinances; providing for severability and providing an effective date – first reading.
16. Staff Reports.
a. Request to set a meeting date for the next Kimley Horn LDR Update – Penny Overstreet, City Clerk.
Mayor, City Commissioners and City Manager emails:
- Mayor Linda Provencher
- Commission Chair Jane Mealy
- Commissioner Kim Carney
- Commissioner Eric Cooley
- Commissioner Rick Belhumeur
- Commissioner Marshall Shupe
- City Manager Larry Newsom