| September 28, 2011

The point of impact on the semi that hit the Palm Coast pedestrian as Florida Highway Patrol troopers continued their investigation Wednesday afternoon. (© FlaglerLive)

An Ontario-based 18-wheel truck struck Rickey Clint Green on I-95 southbound, at mile marker 280, at 3 p.m. today, killing Green.

Green, of Bunnell, was 31. It is the third fatality in three days on Flagler County roads, following the unsolved hit-and-run killing of a 54-year-old bicyclist in the early hours of Tuesday on State Road 100, and the killing of a 67-year-old man on his motorcycle, on U.S. 1 at the south end of the county, on Monday.

Green was pronounced dead within moments of Flagler County Fire Rescue’s arrival at the scene. A Florida Highway Patrol report states that “for unknown reasons at this time,” Green “walked from the southbound outside emergency parking lane into the path” of the truck, suggesting that his death may have been self-inflicted. He was between one and two miles north of the Old Dixie exit, and several miles south of the State 100 exit.

The 2006 Kenworth truck, is leased to Tropical Selections Inc., belongs to Wayne Peconi, of Selkirk, Ontario. Peconi applied his brakes to avoid Green.

One of the three southbound lanes was shut down after 3 p.m., though traffic barely backed up as it flowed through the other two lanes. Unlike at vehicle crash scenes, when drivers tend to slow down to gape, there was little to see at this accident scene. Drivers could not make out the body of the victim, which was covered in a white sheet and slightly below the road level, down the shoulder’s embankment.

The truck’s right-side lights had been as if yanked out from the force of the impact, leaving a hole there.

8 Responses for “Rickey Clint Green Struck and Killed on I-95 By Semi; 3rd Flagler Road Fatality in 3 Days”

We remember our good friend Ricky and his family at this very sad time…..we will always keep his memory in our hearts !!!

2. Yann says:

Thank you Anonymous, Ricky was a wonderful human being :)
    Yann Vidal

3. shane says:

we will always remember ricky as a great person and a great friend may god be with you.

4. Unknown says:

Rest in peace Ricky. You were a good man!! Prayers for your children and family in this time of grief.

5. alex says:

My apologies to the family, i saw ricky shortly before his death, and i knew he was going through a rough patch in his life. As a Christian i am ashamed at my self, that i did not share the Light in his time of darkness as some one did for me when i was in his shoes… Im sorry.

6. Emily says:

I will always love you an think of you Uncle Ricky . You were like a brother to my father an meant an still means alot to my family OUR family . I wish I could see you again an everything go back in time when you were still here !

he was and always will be my best friend “save a place for me “

8. Daughter, Jordan says:

He was the most amazing Dad anyone could ever ask for. When I was with him I felt like the luckiest girl in the world, but now…he’s gone, love you and miss you daddy. You will always be in my heart, forever and ever.